AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 05. Radio issues
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 161 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmohr View Post
I've not heard of any issues myself, When you say "all aspects" do you mean it loses power, or sound drops out, or radio reception lost???

Could be the plug at the back a little loose, it's pretty easy to get the radio out, small screw down the very bottom of the panel surround , either beside the 12vt socket or in that area, then the panel pulls outward watch out for all those air lines attached to the airconditioning controls . the radio is then easily removed, 4 screws and then it slides out. It has one plug in the back and the antenna socket.

Also , if its a power thing, could be a faulty fuse, or it's a bit unseated in the fuse holder??? or a bit of corrosion built up from time?? Could be an idea to just replace the fuse and see if that helps.

Thanks for your response, the first thing I ruled out was power, it doesn’t lose power as such, the screen remains functional etc, it’s just that the sound stops, this can be for between 0.5 to 4 seconds, random timing, not related to passing over bumps, acceleration, or braking. This leads me to the conclusion it’s not power related, so, where next?

Well it is also not temperature related, it does it when hot, cold, or in between so I’m guessing now that the radio is just plain faulty, possibly a failing capacitor in the output stage as it affects radio and CD output.

Thanks for the brief write up on how to remove the radio, saves me reading the manual, I’ll start trolling for a radio to suit. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk