AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Rear driver window electrical issue
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 74 Times in 68 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Rear driver window electrical issue

I am currently chasing a strange electrical gremlin on my rear driver side window.

It never worked since I bought it and today I wanted to fix it. I removed my window actuator from my V8 since this seemed to be the most common issue. However when I removed the paney I saw that the plug was disconnected. I reconnected the plug and I was able to lower the window but not up again. I checked with a multi meter and indeed I got voltage when I pushed the button down but not when up. I then tried 2 other switches from the V8 with same result. The I thought the plug on the harness might be corroded so I replaced that too. No change. Then I checked if the wires in the rubber boot from the uni body to the door might be cracked but they are not even there. They only feed out from the switch into the actuator. I have constant positive and negative and if I connect the actuator to the permanent positive/ negative I can lower the window and put it back up again when I switch the wires. So the motor works as well. The issue must be between the plug /switch to the plug which feeds the plug to the actuator. I have checked everything but I have no clue what this could be. Again I tried 3 different switches and the one from the V8 definitely worked ....

Any idea what else I could check?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk