AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Rear driver window electrical issue
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 73 Times in 65 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Trust me this problem is a busted wire in the drivers door, it is one of those electrical issues that will do your head in trying to figure it out!!
when it happened to my jeep I managed to get the window operating again by cutting the grey and green wires in the rear door and switching them over so grey went to green and green went to grey(if that makes sense).I was up the bush camping at the time and having the window down and it was raining was pissing me off!!!!
That would allow the rear widow to go up and down but only from the rear door switch, the "master switch" in the drivers door would not operate the window.
It was only after I replaced all the wires in the drivers door that the fault disappeared.
I am willing to bet you a box of VB cans that a busted wire in the drivers door is the fault.
This happened some time ago so I am not totally sure if it was the grey or grey/white and the green or the green/white wires but if a box of beer is at stake I can rip the cover off the door to confirm!!

Last edited by 5oclock; 06-07-2022 at 02:31 AM.