AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Transmission Fluid
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,944 Times in 2,329 Posts

If you DiY, having the vehicle level is a must and if the full level isn't checked correctly you could be 500ml lower than required, fill box till it dribbles out, replace bung, engine running, wheel up off ground ideally put into rev for 2 sec then into 2nd for the same, run up to 2K rpm then into park and check oil level should just drip out, so let it drain or top up............. when I had the shop do it last time I lifted it off the ground, turned and burned then checked the level. slight drip so was happy, they will get my business again....

Most tranny repairers will shake their heads at these 100K service intervals, the oil may be good for that long but hell it seems to have the same amount of crud in the pan at 40K like the old boxes, cheap insurance to stay under 40K I reckon.. $600 at a Tranny Shop in Toowoomba last time when the sump plug broke, they were good 30 yrs ago and still good, will use them again as I hate tranny changes.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.