AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 542 Times in 304 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame View Post
I had the Synergy relocation bracket and it caused cracking of the bracket it was bolted to on the axle housing. The extended trackbar bolt is a much better option although it's hard to find a socket deep enough to torque it up. I used abloody big shifter and three clicks of the elbow to get the torque right.
I have the Synergy relocation bracket so I will be keeping an eye on this.
I'm not surprised that the bracket can crack now that I have had a look at it. Everything welded to JK axles is either crappy and / or poorly welded.
This really come to light when I removed my front control arm brackets to fit the Synergy HD ones. What I thought would take some effort to remove required a half hearted grind of one weld and a quick smack with a hammer and they were off.
Taking them off and prepping the axle took less than 10 mins.

Also years ago when I fitted my rear relocation bracket, I was horrified at the couple of lumps of "bird shit" glueing it on. I re welded it before I reassembled it.
Also I think the torquing of the extended trackbar bolt has been covered elsewhere. Use a crows foot at 90° on a torque wrench.

Last edited by Wazza D; 06-11-2016 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Wrong brand name