AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Aftermarket Wheels - Fuel Vector D579
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2021
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

I used to run 255/70R16 muddies on my lifted KJ CRD (3" lift, pinch weld mod, and TJM bar). The wheel rims were MOAB clones I imported from the US, they were 16" x 8" , bolt pattern matched KJ hubs (5 on 4.5). The rims had more offset than stock but there was no rubbing on anything.
I have heard of folks running 265s on highly modified KJs but you may pay a price. Big tyres, more offset, are all hard on ball joints, and I had to change mine after a trip to the Tip of the Cape on the OTL.
So be careful, don't go throwing on bigger rims and tyres without the foundation work on the KJ to support their use.
If you have a basic 2" lift, you will struggle with 245/70s on stock rims, as they will rub on the front sway bar. There used to be a KJ tyres chart on this forum, which showed exactly what mods were required for which tyre and rim combos. Perhaps if your good with Search you can find that chart. I think that chart was on the US LOST forum as well.
Good luck.

Last edited by glend; 20-03-2021 at 12:43 PM.