AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK Front bumper roundup
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 107 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighP View Post
Both the Atlas front and rear bars are very heavy.....as an example, I fitted the front Uneek bar on my JK myself, lifting it into position without a problem.
The rear Atlas bar on mine needed two of us to position it....would have been difficult for one person due to the weight. The bar and spare tyre gate together are way more than I could lift off the ground. Any of the Smittybilt bars I've test lifted on display were noticeably heavier than you'd expect.
For info, I think the Uneek front bar is around 47KG.
Can't comment on the Atlas rear bar but the Atlas front bar weighs 55kg (just weighed it out of curiosity as it's currently sitting on my garage floor). That is split between 3 parts; main bar 36kg (including fairlead roller protector & hoop), winch mount (without winch) 12kg, and the lower protection strip 7kg. So the heaviest part you need to lift is 36kg.

It's a little awkward to fit by yourself due to the shape and balance of it and it needs to go on at an angle but it is not that difficult. As with any bar, definitely easier to fit with 2 people but still possible by yourself. Took me a few hours to fit mine but that was with plenty of messing about and trial fitting.