AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Zook mud buggy
Thread: Zook mud buggy
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Zook mud buggy

I know it's not a jeep, or a real rock crawler, more of a one off home built special & it's pretty rough, but hey we all gotta start somewhere & this thing's only gonna be used around the mango farm. We started with one suzuki siera lwb soft top with a stuffed motor, found an old datsun 180b with good motor & box to slot in where the old 1000cc zook motor used to be. It was a bit of drama getting the motor to fit, but because its never going back on the road we just cut and shut were we needed to (mostly floor & tunnel + rad support) to get it to fit. Sump to front diff clearance was a bit close so we mounted the diffs under the leaf springs instead which gave us all the clearance we needed + a 6 inch lift to boot. Now since the diffs were sitting farther away from the transfer case we had to lengthen the drive shafts. The drag link also required some moding to fit, as did the input shaft to the transfer case which is now only 4 inches long. Oh & I forgot to mention it's also an auto with a funky Tbar, not good I know but considering this thing is never going to get out of low range I think it will do. Anyway we finished hooking every thing up today and it turns over has power to the fuel pump but no spark, I'm no auto electrician, so for now I'm looking for a basic ignition circuit wiring diagram so I can get this beast started.