AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Maddog's buggy build
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

5.12 or 5.35 I think. Reduction isn't a major concern (and I won't need to go that low in a diff) as I'll have either 4.3:1 or 5:1 in the Atlas, and the Powerglide auto.

$5k and $1k are the respective prices for open/unlocked centres and ratios that might need replacing (4.56 in the D60 and 4:1 in the GQ). So it's comparing them on a level field. Still waiting on a few D60 leads though, but the general consensus of people that I've spoken to is that D60's are about $9k ready to go for a budget built set.

It seems that a lot of people that I speak with are keen on the D60's and say that they should have beefed up knuckles and alloy shafts etc, but I often wonder how many people do this in reality. Looking at WE rock and Ozrock photos, it looks as though a lot of people use Nissan gear, even 60 series diffs

I'm trying not to make this a discussion thread, as that's what the other one was/is for, but I'm tracking where I'm up to with the next part of the drive train that needs to be purchased.

http://maddog.zook.org