AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4.0l XJ overheating? Start here - the basics!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011
WELDING RODS FOR STEERING

Liked 224 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray View Post
yes that is relevant in regards to % of coolant mix but as i said what the ****** has a rego plate got to do with cooling problems unless it blocks air flow
Ok, I thought you were having a go directly at me, my bad (still a newbie myself, to all things forum). I think the number plate post was just a miss post though... I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvesdodo View Post
The ratio numbers have no real reference to the anti-corrosive additives, coz thats measured in teaspoons/tablespoons/whatever .... per litre of mix .... regardless what the mix ratio is.
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgebone View Post
as for the 44% figure - that is straight out of the FSM
Got ya. Only reason I asked was not to pick the crap out of it, more that I have just flushed and replaced my coolant (30% Ethlene glycol). I was aware of the 50/50 and I guess it makes sense that the FSM would recommend this as you would top it up with distilled water (you would hope) during the coolant life, therefore watering down the mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgebone View Post
i suppose too it should be clarified what is 30% and what is 70% - the water or the coolant? lets make that distinction for those people who may not know (remember, this is an info page).
Good point, as per carves
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvesdodo View Post
Generally the mix is referred to as eth-gly/water .... so 30/70 is 30% eth-gly.