AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Huge announcement! Jeep head office want to help you!
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2018
Established Member

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default Huge announcement! Jeep head office want to help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffomarinus View Post
That is exactly why I suggest to anyone that if they ask for something to be checked out during a service that this request is listed in the invoice/work order you receive when you pick up the vehicle. I requested three times that a Jeep dealership check out the reason/cause of a slow leak from my windscreen washer reservoir, all during the warranty period. Each time they "weren't able to find the leak" but topped up the reservoir. Nothing noted in my vehicles service record.

First service at a new dealership and, coincidently, the first one out of the warranty period, a crack was found in the washer reservoir and because it is now outside the warranty period, customer to pay. Price for a new one.........around the $1000 mark!

Once I got back up off the floor I explained that I had raised this issue previously X3, their response was that as that there was no record of it being raised it was not going to be covered.

Once I got home I emailed Jeep and raised it with them. It took quite some time (01 Feb 17 to 07 Apr 17) but I was finally able to talk to a very reasonable person from Jeep Australia and the points I relied on were the following:

1. I had previously raised the issue 3X but acknowledged that I had no evidence of this.

2. It is reasonable for a consumer to expect that a plastic container costing $1000 should last FOREVER (the only time a ridiculously high price for a car part has worked for me).

3. That there was plenty of evidence that the failure of my washer bottle was not an isolated incident.

It was replaced under goodwill.

Final word - Make sure your concern/fault/issue is noted, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

For sure, make sure everything done during the warranty period is recorded. And keep any texts of appointments etc as records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk