AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - ABS lights and traction lights all come on
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2024
SwampDigger

Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Resetting will depend on the code reader you have, and it's software. What sort do you have?

I have 2 OBD2 plugins. One is a basic eBay one that just reads codes & data with generic software, eg. Torque. The other was a much more expensive one (Bluedriver, ~$100 at the time?) which can read and reset codes through it's Android, (and presumably iOS), app. Yours may not have those features.

From memory, I got the Bluedriver because the cheaper ones didn't read the ABS module for codes & I was chasing a fault in that. I had a bad sensor & was trying to figure out which one it was. There are others that can do the same things, some may be cheaper now.

As for the lights, is your steering wheel centred when you are driving in a straight line? It's normal to be a few degrees off due to road camber, (+/- up to 4 degrees for me), but too far will make the ABS computer think you are cornering, but the yaw sensor will tell it you aren't, & that signal conflict can trigger the lights as well. Which is why wheel alignment is the first suspect. It's quick & easy to check for free, like that.

Last edited by Banshee; 13-03-2024 at 08:42 AM.