AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Electrical Problem WJ
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Electrical Problem WJ

Hi all. I think I have a beauty here. Sorry that it is long winded.

2000 model GC Laredo. I have purchased this car about 6 months ago, and my problem wasn't evident until about 3 months ago when I had to get in the car during a bad storm. To the best of my knowledge, the only thing that got wet was the door interior.

Since then, I have had a really weird thing happening when the vehicle is cold.

Firstly, if I turn the ignition on without starting, everything that should be working, does.

When the vewhicle is running, however, I lose all window functions, the lock function, and the passenger mirror not getting power. The drivers mirror retains power. Also, on the instrument panel, all lights are on, as if it is in just ignition mode, and none of the guages work.

This situation remains for anything between 20 minutes and an hour, with the hour being the most common, after which all these functions return as if nothing happened.

During the time when it is in its' weird mode, all driving functions, cruise control, transmission, flashers, lights, brakes all work fine.

Quite often, I can override the weird stuff for a few seconds by pressing the remote key, either locking or unlocking.

It tends to come back gradually, first the overhead console, the windows, then all the rest. Once going again, it doesn't fault until it gets fully cold again.

I have removed the door card, thoroughly cleaned out the switch assembly and all electrical connections, checked all wiring, etc.

I don't think it is the BCM, as all the driving functions are ok.

Any ideas on where to look please.

Many thanks.