AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - stalling, fuel pump/relay issues? read this!
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default stalling, fuel pump/relay issues? read this!

Hi All,

Not exactly an expert but I have recently had stalling issues with my 2012 CRD GC. It started 2 weeks ago and the initial stall was sitting in Macca's drive thru waiting for my coffee. It occurred again when my wife was driving into town coming into a roundabout at slow speeds luckily. I checked and replaced the fuel pump relay with a standard 40amp relay and hooked up a mates scan tool. I could see a fluctuation of about 3000kpa pressure on the fuel rail. I booked the jeep in with the dealer for a proper scan fault diagnosis and to cut the story short a week later I'm down $3000 and have a new fuel pump module 1&2. The mechanic at the dealer believes the pump was sucking air causing the stall event.

I believe the relay recall and fuel pump issues are related and one has taken out the other. I believe the fuel pump failure could be considered as dangerous as the relay failure.I have contacted ACCC and they have shown interest in the matter and have asked for more info.

If anyone out there is experiencing similar issues let me or ACCC know.