AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Pic request
Thread: Pic request
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,138 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
Hi all,

Does anybody have any pics of the rear of a WK2 with the side trims removed?
I am going to be integrating a dual battery system into our '14 WK2 and am looking for any usable space for things like the dual battery controller with the aim to keep a factory appearance...

TIA....

I have a Redarc BCDC charger in the battery comparment under the driver seat with an Anderson plug coming out behind the rear seat.
I just have a battery box I put behind the back seat and plug the battery in when I want to take a fridge. It does take up space, but it does also fit between the fridge and the rear set back...there really isn't anywhere else to put it. I can at least take it out or move it if I need the space.
Being I also tent camp occasionally too, I have a small solar regulator attached to the battery box so that I can hook up a solar panel to the battery when I do take it out of the Jeep.

It is very handy too to clip compressor leads to as well to pump up the van tyres when needed as the hose will reach all tyres from there...tug & van...as well I also plug in my small 300w inverter when I need to charge any batteries...

I have a XTM single drawer next to the fridge with tools, compressor etc.

It's not the most ideal, but it works for me. The spare is still underneath, which means if I ever do have to change a wheel the fridge has to come out as does the drawer. No big deal really...I have not had any reason yet to change a wheel. And if so, so be it...