AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 3.6 Pentastar acceleration hesitation / hiccup
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 284 Times in 209 Posts

In built fuel filters on jeeps are allegedly good for the life of the car, in practise I find them clogged at between 150,000 -200,000kms sometimes sooner for cars operating regularly remote and getting more dirty fuel.
The jeep service instructions says on some jeep models the filter is good for the life of the car but also it should be changed for engine performance & fuel system related defect investigations and low fuel pressure problems.

Fuel pressure in my experience is one of the easiest things to check on jeeps as most models have a service fitting somewhere on the injector rail which a test gauge can be readily connected.

Lastly the brake booster is supplied vacuum from the engine manifold if it leaks this creates an air leak causing a lean mixture in one or more cylinders adjacent to the vacuum take off port this air leak will likely lead to engine stumble and misfire under load. I am surprised you needed to ask that maybe you should take the vehicle too your trusted mechanic.