AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Installing heavy duty roof tracks and platform
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018
Established Member

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Post Rhino roof track

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnut View Post
Rhino head office tell me the new RTV track profile is the same width as the RT. IMO the new profile looks smarter.
Hopefully not the same ppl that quoted 1"3/8in was 45mm!
I know, the track on my Pathfinder is much more like the RTV profile. But they were $159 too, and I can always router a curve on the top corners to make the RT look like RTV profile, but I probably wont. I have an airbrush and could easily repaint it after routering. Its the type of thing, ... will it ever bother me after the rack tray is installed and you hardly see it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKnut View Post
Their advice about using a pneumatic rivet gun is a must! Had to buy one specifically for this job but has been used plenty since, only cost around $60.
I 'splurged' and got the 3100lb force larger version in the 'Shogun' brand that Sydney tools sometimes sells, for $79 shipped.

Had $31 of Supercheap credit but they wanted $195 for the smaller 2300lb version! Geesh, even Total Tools 'Iron Air' branded is only $89 for the smaller 2300lb version!

I looked at a big two handle hand tool, but they were only $25 cheaper and I thought the risk of damaging the roof was higher if more force was being applied. Hopefully the hydraulic/pneumatic will be much easier to control, meaning lower risk of accident / damage.

Sometimes I still consider using rivnuts but I have to justify the air rivet gun purchase now!