AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - "New" 07 Commander, Oil Leak at the front. Tips?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default "New" 07 Commander, Oil Leak at the front. Tips?

Hi all! new Jeeper here!

Using my phone so it's not letting me upload pics, but I've just bought an 07 CRD Commander Limited with 179,000ks on it.

Vehicle is immaculate and drives like a dream. Only issues It had that I saw before buying it was an air conditioning seal which was replaced and regassed it still seems a bit noisy the aircon when I start it up. but that's covered by warranty so of it really keeps bothering me I'll send it back.

But what's annoying me is the oil leak at the front of the car at the end of the large hose to the intercooler, it's dirty and it runs down the intercooler and drips out the front.

Now I'm assuming it's one of a few things - Blow-by that's leaking out the seal. (had that same issue with my Jackaroo 3.0l) and was told to put a catch can on it. Which I think I'll do to the jeep anyway. So any recommendations for a catch can set-up?

I was also told that the older "elephant hose" seals are notorious for leaking oil, so replacing the hose is an option?

I've pulled apart a jackaroo before but this thing is somewhat daunting to me... And any other thoughts on the oil source? It leaked much worse after it was freshly serviced (5w40 full synthetic) and has slowly gotten less. I'll upload pics later when I get to a computer if needed