AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 81 Posts

I installed the soft top last week for the first time... In the rain. Because I thought it would be better than sticking with my leaky brief top...

3 hours and much swearing later, I just zip-tied the latches to the windscreen footman loops as tight as I could. After heating up in the sun and stretching yesterday, I did the latches up properly with the help of a mate.

Protip - To dry out the carpets when it's wet outside or at night, leave the car running and the heater on with a window cracked a smidge. Mine dried out in an hour after I used a cloth to suck up around a litre of water from the footwells first.

Another protip - don't point the centre vents upwards when you run the heater for a long time. Condensation formed behind my head unit's screen, which luckily evaporated without any visible after-effects.