AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Lost keys, replacement tips and alternatives
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 126 Times in 78 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi, and sorry to hear of your loss. I'm not sure where you live but if your'e going down the locksmith path you need to find a dedicated automotive locksmith not a firm that does your run of the mill Holden/Ford/Toyota.
The MY14 WK2's run the new Fiat immobilizer system and need specialized programming tools to do them.
These vehicles run an integrated chipset not a glass or carbon wedge like your blade keys. http://cache.nxp.com/documents/leaflet/75017275.pdf
The frequency for the remote part is 434mhz.
I purchased a SRT 5 button unit ( from china) as a spare for my Laredo, liked the idea of the SRT badge and the buttons.
I programmed this in at work and all the button's (except remote start) worked externally. Even the tail gate & panic ones. The bad side is the prox is not recognized in the cab, but will start the vehicle by pressing the start button with the fob.

The fobs are made by continental and all the numbers appear the same. I'm just waiting on new A/M software to try and enroll these again. I've no doubt the fobs are the same just a glitch in the programming as there's lots of talk on USA Locksmith forums about programming issues with these.
My fob cost $70 landed here. I'd get a part number for your fob and check it with USA suppliers. Don't forget the emergency key too. Make sure you get the 4 digit pin code from your dealer. You can't pull the code with diagnostic gear like the earlier models.

Laredo Fob on top'

On a side note I made an A/M remote flip key for an 08 Commander. Cost the customer $200 all up.

Last edited by 67HR; 27-02-2016 at 09:56 PM.