AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - jeep gc build quality
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2024
CrawlerStar

Liked 345 Times in 181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Depends what you want to do with it really, towing duties or highway cafe racer, I still think the 2015 was/is the best of the models and a Lardeo probably far better if wanting one of these Toorak tractors to do some bush work as you can add usefull bits to it, lots of the so called Off Road bling thats comes with these things nowadays is really just bling to cover piss poor drivers capabilities.... and I don't mean just Jeeps... being old school I came with traction control and stuff in my DNA, many will know that it's located in the bum cheeks .............. Don't get me wrong some of the stuff is good, like AWD but some of it dumbs down on driving skills for proper bush work and gives confidence to do things you shouldn't.... or should I say let idiots prove themselves to be just that...
I tend to agree with you, my 2015 gc limited with 70,000km has been faultless so far and everything seems pretty solid.
As said, not sure if it is an Overland thing, my mate 2012 doors just feel more sold when closing.
I also noticed his 2012 gc appears to have the same vm diesel engine as my 2015 but has a CRD badge on it.