AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Dealing with FCA
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2018
I just registered

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
I suggest from experience dealing with FCA (and winning) to get all your info and facts straight and in writing to begin with. No good stating buckled wheels probably the issue.!!Go to a tire shop and get suspect rims put on the wheel balancer,any rim run out easily picked up,as are problems with the tires.
Eg are these wheels bent at the hubs or outer rim.Easy to determine where they are bent if bent at all .
If bent I would also take all the rims into a engine rebuilding business and get them to do a hardness test.Very simple test ,they do it on cylinder heads.Also you could get a porosity test however that is expensive.
Aluminium rims can take a fair amount of punishment,it is hard to see them bending just driving in sand ,(unless their quality was RS) outer rim can be damaged hitting rocks which I think you would have felt.I suppose you have checked for wet sand etc on the inside of the rims causing vibration ,loss of wheel weights etc
Thanks for this. In the tyre shop Thurs for that all to be checked.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk