2019 3.0l diesel leaking coolant from the valley - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 2 Weeks Ago
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Spoke too soon now the water temp sensor decides to crap out! This sent the diesel pre heat into overdrive so it continualy went through the preheat cycle. The mechanic is looking through his collection and checking around town for a replacement sensor so were still stuck but at least the leak is fixed!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 4,018 Times in 2,371 Posts

Wow, China syndrone approaching, my book has the Mopar part number as 5066779AA and its a Bosch sensor but I haven't been able to confirm the Bosch part number, the Dorman part number is 926427, shouldn't be that hard to source as its found in a lot of euro vehicles as well as Chyslers for many years. .... but probably order in........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:58 AM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,367 Times in 785 Posts

You can give All Grand Cherokee a call on....03 8521 3329...they will have the part and send it to you in an Express Post bag...maybe 2-3 days tops...its a solution

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 2 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 370 Times in 194 Posts

Yep, my local jeep dealer here in WA sent me a part to Tom Price up in the Pilbara, got here end of the second day !!
Old 1 Week Ago
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 280 Times in 224 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
I have the tools, I have the shed, I have the capabilities just not the Inspiration ............. but I really should get it done/do it just for piece of mind...
Book 2 night at that caravan park at Movie World, dump the Jeep at 7 Slot and go to Movie World for the day, job done and no swearing and dropping tools in mongrel spots.... now for the cash to pay them.........
I'm about to take delivery of a 2021 Trailhawk with only 30k km on it. Like you, I know about the valley hose issue, have the ability but not the drive to replace it. I was considering 7-Slot to get it done. Their new workshop is just down the road from home.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it hurt to get it done?
Old 1 Week Ago
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,018 Times in 2,371 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuke View Post
I'm about to take delivery of a 2021 Trailhawk with only 30k km on it. Like you, I know about the valley hose issue, have the ability but not the drive to replace it. I was considering 7-Slot to get it done. Their new workshop is just down the road from home.

I haven't yet, think it was near a Grand last time I heard, Jeeper6 knows...... I saw that they had moved, make sit that little bit harder for me now, like where would I go for the day while I wait ??

New 2nd hand job with those K's on it would be a great start, I would just change all the lubes and filters on it, then you know what its actually got and that the filters are all good, I would do the Tranny and TC at 40,000k and then keep that up with an engine service every 10K km, change all the filters, I but a box of Wesfil filters so all engine filters get done .... remove the engine cover and the stupid sound baffles as well so you can actually see things before they happen ..... I got mine at 41K km and when I did my changes found the fuel filters that were supposed to be done at 40K km weren't, they would have been even worse if I followed the service regime laid down by Jeep, probably would have stopped .... Been doing the change everything when i get it and every 10K km for decades, no major fails so either it works or Im RC.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 5 Days Ago
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 1,182 Times in 624 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLuke View Post

I have had valley hoses replaced on 2 WK2's with 7 Slot. On both occasions I have had the rear turbo coolant hose done at the same time.
They set me back around $1300.00 with the manifold clean. Dunno what the cost would be now as last one was over a year ago.
Just drop Anthony down there an email and ask...anthony@sevenslot.com.au