Bling - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-10-2003
Sticker Ninja!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bling

So as not to hijack buddah's thread in the general section.

I made a comment that i had thought about a spare set of wheels for the road, some 20" chromies. This occured to me whilst drunk in town the other night. I eventually sobered up and slapped myself lol but then Bil lreckoned 18" wouldn't look to bad so i went searching the net and found this.

20" spinners

18" 'ers

actually a good read on that last one is at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/324564.

and thousands of modded Jeeps can be found at
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages?make=Jeep

I warn you if you have work to do, visit later cause you'll be on the site for hours lol

What say you
Old 20-10-2003
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

Had a similar thought myself, trying to find someone to chrome the spare set of standard wheels we have. But me being a bit of a dill would leave the chromie 16 `s on all the time bugger the scratches. & save me stockies for when we sell.. The big wheels & street tyres look fairly trick ,don`t know if it suits the lift & rock rails though.
Old 20-10-2003
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
don`t know if it suits the lift & rock rails though
the funny thing that i read is some people actually had to lift the WJ to fit 20" rims.. think they were talking about 2" lift. but interesting...

i mean as you can see, they look quite good. with 18" rims, it shows more rubber, where as the 20" tires are a bit out of proportions...

there's also another one that you might want to look at, henley's WJ at Jeepsunlimited. i'll link pics later, im at work..

when you have that kinda rims, you might want to keep the wheel well filled with tires & rims so to speak, so you might not want to lift it too much.

the Overlander comes wtih standard rock slider, not sure how well they work off road, but it certainly makes the jeep to have cleaner lines..

i wouldny mind a second set of rims, but i'd go 17 most likely, MAYBE 18"..
BUT the tire has gotta be atlease 35" dia

however, if i can afford another WJ, i would make it into a street jeep, lowered, 18's & blowed.... and in blue.. >
Old 20-10-2003
No Winching

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/module...article&sid=21
Old 20-10-2003
No Winching

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

the black looks great...

i really like it..
Old 20-10-2003
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

Now that just looks plain tuff. Wonder if the bank will spring for a 2nd grand 1 for the street & one for bush. Wonder if the mud flaps pulled of like mine or he was smart enough to remove them first Knew we shoulda got the black again instead of blue..
Can i borrow your quote billsta gimme some MORE money

the Overlander comes wtih standard rock slider, not sure how well they work off road, but it certainly makes the jeep to have cleaner lines..

We have a set of overland rock sliders on the laredo they work well , just can`t work out why all the paint is missing from the underside of them!!! the wife must be garden hopping at the shops .i don`t do anything like that!
Old 20-10-2003
Sticker Ninja!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For me 18 or 19's would be the go as the price of 20" tyres is still way up there compared to 19's. I do 35K kms a year for work so don't fancy forking out for tyres every 9 months, not at 600+ a tyre I had 18's on my wrx with very good rubber and at 350 a corner it wasn't too bad. pics here if you're interested

The Jeep in this pic has 295/40/20's and IMO looks cool, cost of tyres = not cool (for me anyyway!)

Some stats on wheel size and their overall diameter:
235/65/17's are 29" (this is what's standard on mine)
285/50/18's are 29.2" (as in the black one in my earlier post)
295/40/20's are 29.3" (as in the one above)

Here's a link to a good tyre size calculator.
Click Me

I like the look of that blck one too, looks clean with the orange bit removed from the lights. Also i like the all black grille and tinted Laredo lights look.

hmmmm....if i get bored next weekend may just pull those orange bits out.