USA: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee base price plummets by over $3,000 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > PORTAL > AUSTRALIAN JEEP NEWS
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 17-08-2011
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default USA: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee base price plummets by over $3,000

Jeep CompassIf you've just purchased a new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, you have our sincere congratulations, but you also might not want to read this post any further.

The 2012 Grand Cherokee, which goes on sale next month, will reportedly benefit from a $3,220 price decrease versus the 2011 model. This means that the base Laredo trim level with two-wheel drive will now carry an MSRP of $26,995. It also means that the resale value of your 2011 model has likely just taken a pretty severe whack.

Jeep introduced the all-new Grand Cherokee for the 2011 model year, and thus, only minor changes have been made for the 2012 model. The 5.7-liter V8 is now mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, rather than the aging five-speed, and models equipped with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 will now come with electro-hydraulic power-assisted steering. These enhancements are good for very minor increases in fuel economy – likely no more than a single mpg here or there.

The folks at Kicking Tires point out that the lower base price may be a reflection of higher price points for option packages and the removal of once-standard equipment. For example, the 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo came standard with an eight-way power seat, whereas the 2012 model does not. What's more, the Laredo's leather seating package now costs a whopping $5,300 instead of $4,000.

Elsewhere in the Chrysler lineup, the 2012 Dodge Avenger and Chrysler 200 receive price decreases of $250, and the 2012 Dodge Journey costs a substantial $1,450 less than the 2011 model.
News Source: Kicking Tires

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 17-08-2011
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,589 Times in 4,361 Posts

They should be 1/2 the price of what they were a couple of years ago when the AUST $ was only 1/2 its value.
Its a bit like fuel prices. go back to when crude was previously $85 a barrel, fuel was under 90c/ltr. The $ is much stronger now so fuel should be even less!!!

Some one is making plenty out of us !!!
Old 17-08-2011
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

this is obviously U.S pricing not OZ but still will be good value here is suspect
Old 22-08-2011
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation No relevance to australia

The model mentioned in this article is a 2WD base model not available in Australia and this article has no relevance to our market.
The Australian 2011 Grand Cherokee is already more than $10000 below the previous 2010 version - eg; 2010 Grand Cherokee Laredo Diesel was $65000 RRP the 2011 is $54000 drive away.
03 94665888
Old 22-08-2011
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,589 Times in 4,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERN MOTOR GROUP View Post
The model mentioned in this article is a 2WD base model not available in Australia and this article has no relevance to our market.
The Australian 2011 Grand Cherokee is already more than $10000 below the previous 2010 version - eg; 2010 Grand Cherokee Laredo Diesel was $65000 RRP the 2011 is $54000 drive away.
I dont believe for one minute that its the Australian dealers like you guys that are doing the big mark up. It would be back up the supply chain a bit.
Jeeps are still the best value for money 4WD in Australia !!!