Quadra drive conversion. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 290 Times in 211 Posts
Default Quadra drive conversion.

My Daughter's WG Laredo has stock quadra-trac with open diff centres which when driven on a greasy paddock is a useless as 'deodorant is for a homeless bum'.

I have a WG CRD overland parts donor with quadradrive diffs that I want to swap into her car, as this has likely already been done by another forum user I am hoping that they will share and tips or precautions with me.

I note the diesel diffs used 3.55 ratios whereas the petrol diffs are 3.77, this is no big deal and the speedo will likely under read a little and she will lose a little launch torque but as she is not serious wheeler and only does horse float towing occasionally it will be no big deal.

I like the quadradrive drive concept that simply engages when wheels spin occurs because as a young lady she is not interested in locking diffs etc she just wants to gas it and get going.
I look forward to other members input.

Last edited by Classic Boy; 12-06-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 74 Times in 49 Posts

Nothing much in it really. Unbolt the old axles, put the new old axles in. Straight forward swap.

Last edited by Sockeye; 12-06-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2017
Full Flexer

Hi Sockeye, thanks for that info, I suspected it was that straight forward but I was interested in others personal experience because sometimes the unexpected things can jump up and bite you on the ass.

Do you still have the VG ute with the camper on the back?
Old 12-06-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi, do you have the wood/leather steering wheel and the leather gearshift knobs for sale off the CRD overland?
Old 12-06-2017
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy Jeep View Post
Hi, do you have the wood/leather steering wheel and the leather gearshift knobs for sale off the CRD overland?
I know the shifter is already gone, I'll check the steering wheel condition and let you know.
Old 12-06-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 74 Times in 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Boy View Post

Do you still have the VG ute with the camper on the back?
Not sure what you are referring to?

I have seen it done to my WG in front of my eyes. Single person, mechanic familiar with jeeps, on the hoist. Done in 5 hours including brake re-bleed.
Old 12-06-2017
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
Not sure what you are referring to?
Hi mistaken identity I knew a guy a few years back in Vic who had a VG ute with a camper on it who uses the internet moniker the same as yours, i assumed you were one and the same, looks like a co-incidence.

Last edited by Classic Boy; 13-06-2017 at 06:26 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply