XJ: The Save Me Cherokee - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default XJ: The Save Me Cherokee

Hey guys, found a really sad looking XJ on Ebay.

It has been molested by its previous owner, used it to carry pushbikes around and is very sad inside, missing trims, ripped headlining, scratched rear windows, ripped rear leather seats.

On the plus side, it has a really awesome paint job
Rattle-Can grey
And around 2 inches of lift

Paid next to nothing for it, and will slowly be turning it into a weekend warrior.

First on the list is Reg and RWC

More to come:
4.5" lift
31's etc etc

And if anyone wants these ghey taillights, I will straight swap for a set of stock ones

Happy Trails,

Dave

Last edited by ginjaninja; 05-05-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

nice! that paint job is the bomb - just needs a bit of polish...

perfect for wheelin though
Old 04-02-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

I remember seeing it on Ebay does it go all right?

jk Unlimited
Old 04-02-2011
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

That much lift and only 31's?
Do some guard trimming and go 33's
Old 04-02-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mattg : Yea the paint job is pretty awesome, perfect for wheeling and its all one colour

Andyperth : Yea, it goes well, needs a really good tidy up, power steering box leaking, needed front pads and rotors, and 4 tyres. Then off for a RWC.

Richo : I will stuff the biggest tyre I can under there, but only when funds allow, im not scared to get the grinder out tho

Ok, Today I got the pads and rotors done, the steering box stripped out, removed the radiator to get cleaned(is also leaking from the side tank when hot)
Ordered some 15x7 Black Sunraysias and some 235/75r15 All terrains, should see them on monday, then she is ready for a roadworthy next week
Old 26-04-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just a bit of an update, finally got the jeep registered, Wednesday last week to be exact, the previous owner never changed the colour at Vic roads which made it really fun.

Over the Easter weekend took the kids camping up at mt disappointment which was great, until........

Saturday hit a tree stump, destroyed the drivers sill, and ripped the rear bumper end cap off, pretty much just cosmetic damage, adjusted the door striker at the campsite, now the door shuts properly

Then Monday, tried a Boghole that maybe I shouldn't have, and then had to skull drag the thing back to the campsite, took out as much water as I could went to hit the key, and clack clack BANG.

Big hole in the sump........

So now the rebuild will start, it will be a slow one but stay tuned....

Time is not an issue I have a daily but I will be itching to get back out there!!
Old 05-05-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I have been mucking around on paint after spending a lot of time on NAXJA and cherokeeforum.com, and am really starting to like the idea of chopping the back off.

Something very similar to this:

Admittedly my paint skills are not great, but im pretty sure everyone gets the idea of what I am trying to achieve.

Any thoughts?

Have you done it and regretted it? and why?

Do you wish you had of?
Post New Thread  Reply