JK: Sick of standard - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2008
pink bits r good

Location: i sometimes go to my own world, but it's ok they know me there
What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JK: Sick of standard

ok i have had the jk for 4 months now and all bar lights and my red/pink grill it has stayed stock
so i got sick of it so bare with me as the work is going on and you may wonder why i have done what i have done but i have a picture in my head of what i want so it was time to start
first flatties
the jk has pretty flexible guards so i was worried about the dammage i would sustain if i hit something with tube fenders so i cut down the ome ones
yes angle grinders and a 4 month old car hehe
started with the rear by marking with tape so i could get an idea of how it would look

then came the cutting i used the mighty dremel with a course metal cut off disc it gave a nice fine cut

after removing the outer peice only the inner guard remained

i then removed the inner guard and a test fit of the side steps which i got off ebay for $100 (girl freind is only 5 foot had to help her out

more to come
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010136.jpg
Views:	1156
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	24279   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010139.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	24280   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010142.jpg
Views:	1161
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	24281   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010145.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	24282  

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 08-02-2008
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

love your work a jeep is never to new to attack with an angle grinder
Old 08-02-2008
pink bits r good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

some flat black paint and the rear was done

then came the front same process of marking it all first a lot of measuring to get it all the same was involved

once it was all marked it was removed

then the inner skeliton was removed and the inner guard
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010153.jpg
Views:	1114
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	24283   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010157.jpg
Views:	1105
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	24284   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010163.jpg
Views:	1083
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24285   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010166.jpg
Views:	1093
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	24286  

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 08-02-2008
pink bits r good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the foam spacer block was glued in place then the guard sat back on for cutting

the plastic clips replaced with short bolts with nylock nuts

jobs for the weekend
tidy all the cuts up
fit new bar to front
fit side steps
fit new blinkers to guards

jobs to come
next week new tyres 285/75/16 to fill the gaps a bit
future
winch
lift
lockers
rear bar & tyre carrier
and, and, and the list continues as money permits

if there is any part of this you want more info on just ask as i have heaps more pictures and info i am trying to keep it as breif yet infomative as possible
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1010171.jpg
Views:	1079
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	24288   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010178.jpg
Views:	1082
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	24289  

Old 08-02-2008
pink bits r good

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM JEEP View Post
love your work a jeep is never to new to attack with an angle grinder
thanks mate took about 3 days of convincing myself that i was doing the right thing before the first cut but i am realy happy with the results so far

Old 08-02-2008
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

jesus mate, what the hell are you doing... fugly fabin to the max!! isnt there some after market stuff you can get? get rid of that pink grill too lol
Old 08-02-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

tiny tommo??