First home buyers. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Default First home buyers.

Howdy,

Looking at buying a place toward the end of the year and i am chasing info, stories, personal accounts of any tricks or loopholes used to get the first home buyers grant for the second time.
My fiancee has already recieved the grant a few years back and i was hoping to get it again in my name. However from what i can make out, a partner or spouse who has a financial interest in the property must not have recieved the FHOG before.
So do i have her address all her mail back to her parents home? We dont share bank accounts, and realy have no legal ties at all appart from both being on the rego papers.
I would also need her income to be included on the load though so we can borrow the desired amount. Makes it hard hey...

Or just bite the bullet, and benifit in the stamp duty consession that i would recieve on my share of the home. Not her share however.

Any tricks people's??

...Hopefully i win the lotto soon and this thread will have been a waste of my time
2018 Harley-Davidson FXFBS
Old 02-02-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Probably best not to advertise your intent to defraud the govt
Old 02-02-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hes not defrauding he just starting up his own 'economic stimulus package' he should be able to get the grant. in his name so long as his name was nt used on fiances grant however- he will have to be paying for the house 'himself' ie not a co loan with his fiance but if she wants to chip in (and she would) their is no law atopping her she also has to keep her house for a min of, dont quote this but its either one or three years as her primary address downt mean she cant rentout rooms in it or live else where but all mail must get sent there and car license has it as her residence etc.. etc...

defence force also has really good loans for defence personnell at 3% from $180,000 upto $360,000 depending on time/ duties performed. if thats what AJ stands for in your avatar
Old 03-02-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here are the rules.

http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/vi...000+FIRST+0+N/

Be carefull, I would hate to have to pay it back. things are tough enough for the first year after builing a house without having to pay back $21k or whatever it is.
Old 03-02-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

ha, nah im no ARMY Jurk. Although the defence credit system would be nice.
Im not trying to defraud the governmen, more just trying to find a "legal" loophole that will allow me to benefit from the FHOG. I fail to see how i should loose out on the current 14k just becasue my partner has had a property before that had nothing to do with me.
Cheers festa 1 for your link, i have read that site a few times and its no use for me as i am looking for "a grey area" so to speak.
In my situation i will be looking to buy at the end of this year. And if the FHOG goes back to 7k after the first of July, then i wont realy mind as 7K isnt realy that much when your talking prices of 300k to 350k.
And yeah i wouldnt like to have to pay anything back, so it would have trick that people in my situation have used.
2018 Harley-Davidson FXFBS
Old 03-02-2009
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by azasjeep View Post
Probably best not to advertise your intent to defraud the govt
LOL, just what I was thinking.

Mate if it were me, I'd ask be telling a mortgage broker your situation and let them advise you.
Old 03-02-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

If anyone needs a mortage broker let me know as that is what my wife does