RHS Daylight Running Lamp and Turn Indicator stopped working. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-06-2021

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default RHS Daylight Running Lamp and Turn Indicator stopped working.

Hi
Have noticed I suddenly lost the front RHS LED turn indicator and LED daylight running. LHS is normal and both the turn indicator fuse and daylight running fuses are ok.
Any ideas?
Old 19-06-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Does the indicator flash when you turn your hazard lights switch on, also does the rh rear indicator flash.
Might pay to check the connectors going to the Headlight
Old 19-06-2021

Hi. No the front RHS flasher doesn't flash at all. The mirror and rear indicators are fine. The daytime running light also never comes on in any lighting mode. Both fuses OK and connector seems to be OK. Strange they packed up together so reckon there could be an electronic control module somewhere as the turn indicator is obviously synced with the daylight running LED's.
Need to find the wiring diagrams.
Old 20-06-2021
I just registered

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts

I had the same problem but my rhs indicator on the mirror and rear flashed fast when the front wasn't working.. I tested another headlight at the wreckers and that didn't fix the problem so I took it to an auto electrician. Someone had back-probed the socket on the wiring plug and opened them so they were all loose, so it had obviously been a problem for the previous owner. The auto electrician pulled all the wires out of the socket and squeezed them tighter and it's working fine now. I could have done it myself as I have the tools to remove the pins but I was time poor. Cost me $430 at the auto elec but he also wired in my lightbar properly. They did mention they had to log in and reset the lighting error code as well. Not sure if this affected anything but you could do that with a decent dongle and software.

This is the wiring diagram I found (just chopped the RHS out of it)

Last edited by techedz; 20-06-2021 at 06:25 PM.
Old 20-06-2021

Thanks Techedz. That's very clear. With the plug out looks like I'm getting the turn voltage going up and down but nothing on the DRL. But no turn indication when plugged in. Most probably have to take it to jeep as Cant even see where these signals are coming from. I had a post on another thread where they had the other circuit but I'm finding it hard to find again.
Do you know how to find threads that you have posted in. I'm struggling with this forum to find things and the search keeps closing when you start to type in the box.
Cheers
Old 21-06-2021

Would you be able to send me the image of the top blue box so I can try and find this connector and test to see if I am getting the outputs from this one.
Old 21-06-2021

Ps.bi forgot to mention that I am getting no lighting errors show up. You mentioned you had to get an error code reset so maybe I do have a different problem.
Post New Thread  Reply