My First Jeep (2012 GC Laredo CRD) - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-02-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default My First Jeep (2012 GC Laredo CRD)

Hi all!

Well this is a change. My fiancée and I are saving money for more investment properties so we've just traded in our cars, a Hyundai i20 and a VE II SSV Commodore, for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo CRD. Going back to one car which isn't too bad as we both work for the same organisation in Melbourne so we always had one car wasting out money in the garage at home. We also needed something to transport our Great Dane in without taking up the whole back seat... You know, planning for the future.

Well, we LOVE this car! I'm trying to talk her into an ARB bullbar and decent LED driving lights at the moment. We live in the country so roos are a concern. The HIDs do light up the night very will on their own but something over the top of them would help even more. Problem is, since the HIDs are so good, anything better is $500+.

It's a VERY clean and VERY straight car. 49,000km on the clock and no modifications. It came with windows tinted and side steps. I want to change the halogen DRL globes to LED "globes" but the airbox is in the way of the left hand side. Right hand side is easily accessible.

We've added the rubber floor mats all round plus a boot mat and cargo barrier that needs no vehicle modification at all (https://www.travall.com.au/jeep/gran...-guard-tdg1322).

I am worried about the DPF issues people everywhere are talking about but I have been led to believe it doesn't affect older models like ours. Is that true? Or should I be concerned? It had the 50,000km log book service at the Jeep dealer yesterday...

It's hight than my Dad's Grand Cherokee Limited. I'm not sure why.

Oh and is it meant to have tire pressure monitoring? It's not in the menus.

You've all seen one before, but here's ours anyway...

The cargo barrier.

And Harley fitting in the back! (he's 11 months old)

Looking forward to getting out and getting dirty in it too... We have a whole lot of 4WDing to explore. This is on my list! http://youtu.be/waaKzrT5jKM
Old 18-02-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts

That dog looks more than happy in the back.
Glad you are happy with your purchase
Old 18-02-2015
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlugGlug View Post
We've added the rubber floor mats all round plus a boot mat and cargo barrier that needs no vehicle modification at all (https://www.travall.com.au/jeep/gran...-guard-tdg1322).

I am worried about the DPF issues people everywhere are talking about but I have been led to believe it doesn't affect older models like ours. Is that true? Or should I be concerned? It had the 50,000km log book service at the Jeep dealer yesterday...
Congrats, the dpf issues do seems to be affecting the MY14s far more than the older models. But dpfs can still be a bit problematic over time.

I like those travall barriers, thinking of getting one.
Old 18-02-2015
Established Member

Thanks guys!

Yup - it's a FANTASTIC barrier. I had a small issue with the left hand side leg for it. The hole the screw goes into hadn't been punched out properly so it wouldn't screw in. But they have REALLY GOOD customer service and a replacement leg is on its way to me now. It's still secure until then though thanks to the lower arms that hook onto the luggage thingies in the boot.
Old 18-02-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

Looks good mate!

With the laredo, there is tyre pressure monitoring but not the individual tyre display in the evic that the fancy models get. We just get a dash light when they are low.
Old 18-02-2015
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Looks good mate!

With the laredo, there is tyre pressure monitoring but not the individual tyre display in the evic that the fancy models get. We just get a dash light when they are low.
Thanks! Ah OK. That explains it. I swear it flashed up at one point with all zeros but then disappeared. Must have been a glitch.
Old 18-02-2015
CrawlerStar

Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

Haha yeah I've seen it on mine too - good old jeep electronics!
Post New Thread  Reply