WK 3LTR Diesel Water Leaks - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-12-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WK 3LTR Diesel Water Leaks

I am wondering if anyone else has had any issues with their Grand Cherokee with 3 ltr diesel engine 2013-14 WK model 8 speed. I love my jeep and think that the overall package is great for the Australian market but for me it has been a very frustrating experience. Am I alone with my issues or is this common. To explain I had an oil leak from the oil cooler and it was found whilst being serviced. The dealer was able to replace the cooler under goodwill warranty from Jeep. 1 month later I had a major coolant leak and after some very frustrating phone calls to dealer and Jeep we had the leak fixed. They had the car 2 weeks. It was from a rubber hose around the back of the engine coming from the cooler. I also saw the car up on a hoist where I noticed that another hose looked like it was weeping. My suspicion always has been that the oil got into coolant and has softened all hoses. 2 months down the track and yes another major leak and yes another oil leak coming from the oil cooler. I am interested in hearing if this is a common issue and look forward to all your feed back. All the bad Jeep jokes have flooded my way from all my friends, I am not convinced yet the Jeep was a bad choice Thanks.

Last edited by Basil; 30-12-2017 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Want to make Heading Bold so it stands out
Old 31-12-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 133 Times in 83 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Basil, sorry to hear of your problems, I have a MY14 Laredo and have had none of the problems you have experienced. I too, love my GC and have just on 50000km on the clock. It is hard to believe that you could have so many things going wrong........must have been a Friday afternoon, last shift build!!
Old 31-12-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 125 Times in 103 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Just standard dealers breaking stuff instead of fixing it.
Old 31-12-2017
Senior Newbie

Liked 19 Times in 10 Posts

Yes Basil, I have had water leak issues on my 2015 model. It's had an water pump replaced at 10,000k. Twice had water leaks from the EGR coolant hose fittings. This only took about three visits and heaps of frustration to get it fixed. I haven't mentioned all the other issues. I hate reading negative comments on here, but gee it's damn hard to get positive about my experiences with Jeep.

Kel
Old 01-01-2018
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 125 Times in 103 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Number of faults my Jeep Grand Cherokee had when it went to be serviced/worked on / touched at all by Jeep Dealers == 10+

Number of faults since I refused to drive it down the same street as a Jeep Dealer == 0.

Just saying.
Old 01-01-2018
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I glad that you have had no issues. The jeep GC is a great car and see so many on the road. We used ours to go between Brisbane and Sydney, most comfortable car I've ever owned for long distances.
Old 01-01-2018
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes totally agree.
Post New Thread  Reply