FJ Cruiser - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-04-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default FJ Cruiser

What are peoples thoughts on it. saw one the other day and they are growing on me slowlyyyyyyyyy. Are they on par with a JK in terms of offroad capabilities ? I know Toyota make great things on wheels.
Old 14-04-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 75 Times in 40 Posts

in Youtube... type in "FJ cruiser stuck" - good laugh!

May take a while for them to grow on me. They look like a Ssangyong has escaped from its paddock and f88ked a Lada.

I would have expected better than this from a manufacturer that has been making 4WDs for a few years now....

Last edited by TheoB; 14-04-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 14-04-2011
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

Funny part is ... they have been making the ugly prado based thing for years .... with less sales of it every year.

Theres nothing "new" about it ... except its for sale here now ... and one should probably ask why it took so long for the stoopid thing to finally become available .....

I'd much rather they offered an updated MWB 70series like the old Bunderas ... that I wouldnt be embarrassed to be seen in ...

Personally ... I reckon toyota stopped making 4WDs years ago .... Its only been allwheeldrive people movers for some time now .....
Old 14-04-2011
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanly View Post
What are peoples thoughts on it. saw one the other day and they are growing on me slowlyyyyyyyyy. Are they on par with a JK in terms of offroad capabilities ? I know Toyota make great things on wheels.
I like the look of them but as far as I know there not available with a diesel engine and have a very small fuel tank, not on par with the JK for off road work as there IFS but I imagine they would be much better on road. There built on the Prado chassis from what I've read about them. If you want something fom toyota that will keap up with a JK the 70 series is the only thing, if you coud get them with a auto trans I would have one.

Last edited by WHHEMI; 14-04-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 14-04-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hopped in one and crawled under it the other day, it appears to be a Prado from underneath low fuel tank low gear box hanging below chassis. Tank appears lower then JK and with the independent suspension dropping down as you hit bumps that lowers chassis and tank. There appears to be less room in the back for Luggage then the unlimited wrangler and holly blind spots there is so much body work along the side reminded me of driving an old panel van.
Its an interesting design as you appear to sit further back (seating cab area further back on the chassis) then the Prado and hence lose load area and from a practicable point of view i think a Prado would be more useful with out the retro looks.
But for Toyota Fun factor its got the looks you will like it or hate it.
Its got Diff lock factory fitted and will be capable and probable get some drivers into sticky situations.
I did not feel comfortable sitting in it and the kids/adults in back can not put windows down or have an open air feeling and would feel claustrophobic.
My two cents from a short sit in.
My 14 year old daughter said it does not look right dad.
I will stay with the JK Unlimited CRD as they are two totally different vehicles.
Old 14-04-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They look like a kids toy car. They have wrecked the FJ rep by making this thing. It should be a SFA and a diesel. All i see these things been is ppl putting 22s on and lowering them. That guy couldnt even get out of that mud. what a joke. "All wheel drive ppl movers" thats for sure.
Old 14-04-2011
AJOR Bronze

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

There are many useful and capable vehicles on the market, that's definitely not one of them...
Post New Thread  Reply