Will these Rims & Tyres fit my WH Grand? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts
Default Will these Rims & Tyres fit my WH Grand?

Hi fellow forum members,
I am looking at buying a set of rims / tyres off this forum and want to know whether they will fit my WH Grand.
They are 2012 JK Rubicon MOAB 17" rims with 285/70/17 tyres.
Your advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Craig
Old 04-08-2013
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Unfortunately MOAB 17" rims won't clear the front brake calipers
Old 05-08-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts
Default Re: Will these Rims & Tyres fit my WH Grand?

You can with either 6mm slip on spacers or the larger 1-1.5" bolt on spacers, only fit those tyres with the bolt on ones though. And some trimming

Dave

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Old 18-10-2013
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

What do you guys think?

Will these fit a WH with commander rims
INTERCO SS-M16 ... 31x10.5x17
seen them today at the Sydney 4wd show, the only thing I didn't like was the Price: $455.00 each + fitting.

I wonder how high I would have to go to fit the 33x10.5

http://opw.com.au/tyres/interco/ss-m...m16-dd-dl.html
Old 19-10-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 243 Times in 129 Posts

They are actually pretty narrow those tyres, they should fit without dramas, the tread width is only 8.8" (225mm) so with the commander rims should clear the bolt.

And for a 33 and still have some travel, 4". You can do it on a crdstu 2.5" lift, but you have to bump stop and trim a lot to do it. And the Interco 33's are actually 33.5" tall, which is taller than my Nittos!

Id love to see them in real life or on a truck!!

(PS if you need i have some 6mm slip on spacers if they get too close!!)
Old 19-10-2013
Irok Bandit

Check out my Ride(s)

Here are some pics off my phone
They looked wider then the 245 I have on now as they only measure 200mm just under 8inch's
Even off the ground on a stand the sidewall bulged but could have been the rim

I've almost talked myself into it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131018_132556.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	64923   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131018_132601.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	64924  
Old 20-10-2013
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Here are some pics off my phone
They looked wider then the 245 I have on now as they only measure 200mm just under 8inch's
Even off the ground on a stand the sidewall bulged but could have been the rim

I've almost talked myself into it
Clarky - those tyres will definitely be wider than your 245's as they have a 10.5" section width. 10.5" x 25.4mm = 266.7mm (i.e. 265 wide tyres)

So effectively they will be equivalent to a metric 265/65 R17 tyre, but a little larger OD as the metric will only come to about 30.6" OD as opposed to 31".