What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 63 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-09-2009
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last week, had the uni go on the front right got the Jeep back in two days and was rapped.
On Thursday went back in for same side axle seals got it back today and have re booked the Safari snorkel and UHF fit for nest Tuesday (again).
Missed the Jambo because of this ... hope we get to next Tuesday

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.
Old 29-09-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've had it one month now, done 2500kms and have got it to Stage 4 of my Urban Assault Vehicle project. The weather was awesome here fri, sat and sun so i took the doors and roof off and posed up and down the coast, after having breakfast at Hillarys, with a couple of female friends of mine. Stage 1-4 are below, Stage 5 and onwards will be;
*ProComp xtreme all terrains 33" w/ black 16x8 steel s97 rock crawlers (on order)
*Tuffy security drawer and centre console (thanks to jeepkonection) (i plan to have the roof off most of the year - it's Perth, and i park in a garage at home and secure compound at work) (on order)
*Smittybuilt molle overhead console and tailgate console (storage and UAV looks) (on order from Quadratec - pain in the arse)
plus much much more, I'm addicted...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2641.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	35762   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2643.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	35763   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2642.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	35764  

2009 Unlimited CRD Auto
All ARB bars, 2" Lift, Got carried away with Rugged Ridge Gear

Last edited by proudaus; 29-09-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 29-09-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Urban Assault Vehicle - Stage 1 (limp Bizkit fans?)

Going back a couple of weeks... I fitted an 2 1/2" straight cat back exhaust with straight through muffler and chrome tip.

Then I went and had fitted an ARB Deluxe Bull Bar with Winch cover plate, ARB Rock Sliders (nice, but i wish they stuck out further so as to be used as a step) and rear bar with tow bar and number plate relocation bracket. I got them to use allen key bolts for my number plates and the relocation bracket to make it slightly tougher to rip off my plates (as done on my crewman when it was just phillips head screws...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HPIM2563.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	35765   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2565.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	35766   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2559.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	35767   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2561.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	35768   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2568.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	35769  

2009 Unlimited CRD Auto

Last edited by proudaus; 29-09-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 29-09-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Urban Assault Vehicle - Stage 2 (keep on rollin' baby)

Then I had my 2" lift done at Wilkinsons. Tough Dog 40mm adjustables and King Springs (note: the stickers on the shocks come off very easily - i lost two before i noticed)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HPIM2558.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	35770   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2560.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	35771   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2564.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	35772   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2569.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	35773  

2009 Unlimited CRD Auto

Last edited by proudaus; 29-09-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 29-09-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default UAV - Stage 2 cont'd (you know what time it is)

Then i had 35% tinted security film applied to the door windows and hardtop, and did a clear security film on the windscreen. Hopefully this will decrease the entry rate of scum breaking in through a window, animals coming through the windscreen over the bonnet and well... i guess scum coming through the windscreen if i see them breaking into other peoples cars

This makes it very dark inside, especially over my renegade privacy glass, you cannot see in the rear windows by day or with a torch at night, it just reflects. I can see out the front windows fine, and the rears at day, night time is reduced, but i can still see headlights so am not fussed . The only issue is the windscreen still has some 'orange peel' effect and has obscured a little vision. I have been asked to wait 28days and if i am still not happy, they'll try again
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HPIM2570.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	35774  

2009 Unlimited CRD Auto

Last edited by proudaus; 29-09-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: add a pic
Old 29-09-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Urban Assault Vehicle - Stage 3

Then I fitted (when i say I, i mean i supervised my mates chips and terrycags do it, i was thirsty) rear netting that i got off ebay, dirtydog. I like it very much, it looks supercool and is handy for the dog and once my security drawer is in, will keep in bags and tents etc. I had to take the roof off for ease of fitting.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HPIM2609.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	35775   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2610.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	35776   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2616.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	35777   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2617.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	35778   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2614.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	35779  

2009 Unlimited CRD Auto
Old 29-09-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default UAV - Stage 3 cont'd

I 'found' my brother's hyundai tuscon's pet/cargo barrier. I swear it was just lying around. I managed to get the support beam out (irreversible damage may or may not have been comitted) and using an ockie strap and the existing cargo tie downs, fitted it to my JK, to stop the dog and the luggage coming over the top of the back seats. It looks good, is quick to put up and down, and does not obscure my rear vison much (unlike the netting which does when i have the hard top on, so i roll it up and secure it with ockie straps)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HPIM2611.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	35780   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM2613.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	35781  

2009 Unlimited CRD Auto