TJ: My Build - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Air Bag Suspension and SYE

well I Finally Have gotten the time to do the last few mods on the TJ, After it being in the shed for most of the last few months. Started with the Air bag Suspension to stop the sag in the rear when fully packed for the touring. Was an easy install and has made a world of difference in the towing and general driving.

Next week Im going to get stuck into doing the SYE, so if any one has any hints or tips to help me out I would really appreciate it, have done as much reading into this and watched youtube clips to be able to do this in my sleep!

Will Post Pics up once im done.
Old 12-08-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopud View Post
I wanted to ask about your roof rack system, the Wild Boar - can it be removed if you want to drive around without it on? Say for making it into city and supermarket carparks etc? I've been looking at the wilderness and olympic rack systems for some time but i'm unsure which one to go for. How do you rate the wild boar? I'd never heard of it before your post!*
i have the wilderness express rack and think its a great bit of kit.
it can be removed but ul have holes in the back of the body next to tail lights, u could probably get little rubber bungs to pop in there or something.

also u should check out the gobi racks as they look like a really nice bit of kit

wrangler tj in sa:
great rig man very tidy and im very impressed with how quick ur getting it all togeather u got more done to your jeep in 2months than i have in 2 years!!
Old 12-08-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well Slowly getting there Tassie Jeeper, Had this TJ for 12 months now bought it stock back then with 69000 kms. So in 12 Months its gone from original to my modded TJ as you have seen it now with an extra 10600 kms on the clock.
Hate to say this one sits in the shed more then being out on the road!!!

but it does get used for its intended trips.
Old 12-08-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

i know the feeling mine spends more time as a daily than a weekend warrior but only cause no-one's ever out wheelin and i dont no any tracks
Old 24-08-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Build Finished for now....

Well Finally Finished the SYE on the Jeep, Was not that hard but I did take my Time over the weekend fitting this in.

Also Good to Have the extra Clearance back onder the car of that 1 inch.

Checked the Pinion Angle and drive shaft and the Difference is somethin like 3 degree. Rang Dave and chatted to him about Adjustable uppers and this may be a mod Ill do some time in the near future but 3 degrees difference is really not that much.

Well took me about 14 months to get this TJ up to the specs of my Old Jeep plus with more. Happy with the way it drives, getting around the 12.5 LPH with Fuel so just over the 400km per tank.

One thing ill say from all the Mods ive put on this Jeep the Best one is by Far the SCANGUAGE, This has really made a difference in how I drive the vehicle to get optimum Fuel performance, and understanding the TJ.

so Now its all done ready for the Vic High Country in Late October early November.
Old 06-03-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default who said a 60 Litre fridge slide wouldnt fit in the TJ??

well Ive been sitting on this project for a few weeks now and decided to give it a go. Have been looking around for the last few months at fridge slides to fit in the back of the TJ and 2 things have stopped me every time, (1) the size of the slides ie: length as they are all too long and wont fit in the 880mm length of the box at the back and (2) the damn prices they want for these items.

So after looking around at fridge slides for a 60 Litre engel I decided the only way to go was build it myself and make it fit to my dimensions.

all up it cost me $150 dollars in product. thats about 200 to 400 cheaper then slides on the market.
and Ive been able to make it slide and also tilt, so one doesnt need to stretch their neck into the back of the Jeep to get a drink!Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge slide 6.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	53211

Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge slide 7.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	53212

Name:	fridge slide 8.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	53213

Name:	fridge slide 5.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	53214

Name:	fridge slide 4.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	53215
Old 06-03-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Before I can mount to back of the Jeep Im awaiting some T Bolts from the UK, these slide into the aluminium tracking along the back of the Box so I can Bolt the Hinge mechanism to this with out drilling holes in box.

Name:	fridge slide 3.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	53216

Name:	fridge slide 2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	53217

Name:	Fridge slide 1.jpg