WK2 Driving Lights Trigger? - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-06-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts

Hey Rob chez,
I notice you have a nudge bar fitted and also have the front sensors on the plastic bar work. The question I have is do you have a problem with the bar interfering with the sensors? also what brand is it?
Old 20-06-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_chez View Post
Finally fitted a set of IPF HID driving lights to my WK2. Took a while to make up some brackets and weld them to the nudge bar. Fitting was a bit of a nightmare as I had to remove front facia and grill to install ballasts and wiring. I still need to connect trigger to RHS high beam feed. 4 wires to choose from. Black, White with Purple Stripe, and 2 x Red with Yellow Stripe. Anyone know for certain which wire is the high beam feed wire?
Mate had his done by at ARB...Seems they have found an easy way to connect to a relay so I'm told..His works and didn't take that long to do so relatively easy he says..I don't have wiring details so worth giving your ARB shop a call
Old 20-06-2014
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

Do a search on ausjeep. Has been discussed a few times . I connected mine on the left side behind the headlight easier to get at when the air box is removed. Was the white & green wire to the light if I remember correctly, test light will show high beam trigger . Will check when I get in tonight.

Sent from my XT925 using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 11-12-2014
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default VICRoads Ruling on LED light bars

As Victoria’s in-service vehicle standards mirror the Australian Design Rule requirements this decision means that LED light bars can be fitted to vehicles in Victoria. Constraints remain on the fitment of LED light bars, so any LED light bar that is fitted must be installed in alignment with the following requirements:

The lamps should, as far as is possible, be installed symmetrically in pairs to the front of the vehicle.
If lamps are not fitted as pairs (e.g. one, three etc), they must be fitted to the front of the vehicle, symmetrically about the centre.
A maximum of four driving lamps (including LED light bars) can be fitted to a vehicle in addition to the vehicle’s main beam headlamps.
The lamp/s must be installed in a way that the light produced does not cause the driver of the vehicle discomfort either directly or by reflection.
The lamp/s must only come on when the main-beam (high beam) headlamps are used, and must automatically turn off when the main-beam headlamps are turned off.
The lamps must not obstruct the driver’s view of the road.
Post New Thread  Reply