December rant page.... Is there anything left to rant about???? - Page 23 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-12-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Do they work?
Have seen them on cars. Never seen one on a car thats hit a roo.

I have them on both jeeps , and they never got in the way nor any other fluffy thing , don't know about electric ones , but the ones in the link to fleeing bay are the type I have . the only thing that they will not stop I reckon is that type of animal that stumbles around on its rear quarters or stand there with mouth open and holding onto them selves the so called "GRIPPERS" which have a habit of hitting a car from behind.
Old 28-12-2014
CrawlerStar

roos like to lay on the roads at night , and dusk is the time to be careful .
Old 28-12-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

FYI LB I was on a main road doing 80kph. This car never really got driven a night except the odd time I borrowed it. BTW it has existing damage from roo collisions but just on the side where a roo jumped in near the driver door. As for roo shoos I thought they were working. As 99% of the time the roos would turn away as I approach and not cross the road. I had one a week ago run into the side but did no damage. Then this one which I hit head on. I probably trusted the roo shoos too much given that I thought they were working. IMO I think they work most of the time just not always.

Regards A
Old 28-12-2014
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Ever consider a move away from Mathinna, AG? Maybe a busier coastal town with work, plenty of sunshine and people to meet perhaps. There are many more Jeepers too I'm sure.

I'm making the opposite move however, looking at Richmond Village in a couple of years but work out of Sydney or Melbourne. So will be commuting. Had enough of living on the edge of suburbia chasing my tail and getting stuck in traffic. Can't afford Sydney's waterfront and can't stand the Joneses there neither.

Looking forward to Tas. Many there will be enough hands for a Tas Jambo.
Old 28-12-2014
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
FYI LB I was on a main road doing 80kph. This car never really got driven a night except the odd time I borrowed it. BTW it has existing damage from roo collisions but just on the side where a roo jumped in near the driver door. As for roo shoos I thought they were working. As 99% of the time the roos would turn away as I approach and not cross the road. I had one a week ago run into the side but did no damage. Then this one which I hit head on. I probably trusted the roo shoos too much given that I thought they were working. IMO I think they work most of the time just not always.

Regards A
clean them ,
and check to see if not blocked.
Old 29-12-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinGrandWranga View Post
Ever consider a move away from Mathinna, AG? Maybe a busier coastal town with work, plenty of sunshine and people to meet perhaps. There are many more Jeepers too I'm sure.

I'm making the opposite move however, looking at Richmond Village in a couple of years but work out of Sydney or Melbourne. So will be commuting. Had enough of living on the edge of suburbia chasing my tail and getting stuck in traffic. Can't afford Sydney's waterfront and can't stand the Joneses there neither.

Looking forward to Tas. Many there will be enough hands for a Tas Jambo.
Have considered but I would lose way too much money as I just spent nearly 10k on a building applications and plans. I have started my house as well but only now realised I can't go any further due to needing another 25-30k to get it to lock up. Kinda hoping some sort of miracle occurs and I can raise the funds needed to get it to lock up. Because as it is I couldn't sell it and expect to get my money back.
On another note I'm feeling better than I was a couple of days ago. I managed to keep busy this last couple of days and its starting to pull me out of my doom and gloom thoughts. Really hoping no more bad luck occurs over the next week; that way I should start feeling happy again. Seeing some results at home even if it I just cleaning carpet in the Jeep makes me feel like I at least haven't wasted my day and have actually achieved something. Unlike what was happening only a few days ago.

A