2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 CRD - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-04-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default conference hotels berlin,conference hotel berlin,berlin conference hotel,berlin confe

before buying, create sure there is no "black death". eliminate the nasty website protect over the injectors and see if there is any dark-colored rubbish around... if so... be very cautious or move away. If not, get the injector washers/screws changed ($30) as a issue of concern. With the rubbish, injectors can get trapped $4K for a new go..
Old 28-04-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No dashboard or switch release for the back door.
I unscrewed the face off the dvd player and slid a small piece of tin so it wedge in there and held the two buttons down and re screwed the face back on works fine
Old 29-12-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi bbbflash,
Im looking at buying one also Have done a lot of research on these beauty's .You say its a Quadra-Drive.?.I am a bit confused on this one! the jeep site states that all jeep diesels assembled in Austria come standard with Quadra-Drive but i see here that mikehzz has a 2003 wj diesel and his has no Quadra-Drive ?????
i have found out that the vin is where you can tell if its Quarda-Drive or not as the vin will start with K then it will be Quadra -Drive,but this only comes with the Limited diesel or HO, Just a point you should know,Cheers

Last edited by jeepster xj; 29-12-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 30-12-2016
Rock Munki

Liked 300 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster xj View Post
Hi bbbflash,
Im looking at buying one also Have done a lot of research on these beauty's .You say its a Quadra-Drive.?.I am a bit confused on this one! the jeep site states that all jeep diesels assembled in Austria come standard with Quadra-Drive but i see here that mikehzz has a 2003 wj diesel and his has no Quadra-Drive ?????
i have found out that the vin is where you can tell if its Quarda-Drive or not as the vin will start with K then it will be Quadra -Drive,but this only comes with the Limited diesel or HO, Just a point you should know,Cheers
Most are quadra track not quadra drive. You'll see the difference on the center console.

Here is a page where you can get all of the build info:

https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/e...WGxOMmc2T2w%3D
Old 31-12-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster xj View Post
Hi bbbflash,
Not necessarily so. Mine's quadra drive but the VIN does not start with K
Here is VIN decoder.
Position Interpretation Code = Description
1 Country of origin 1 = United States
2 Make J = Jeep
3 Vehicle Type 4 = MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle)
8 = MPV With Side Air Bags
4 Gross Vehicle Weight Rating G = 5001-6000 lbs.
5 Vehicle Line (North America)

Vehicle Line (Export) 2 = Grand Cherokee 2WD (1999-2000)
X = Grand Cherokee 2WD (2001-2004)
W = Grand Cherokee 4WD (1999-2004)
W= Grand Cherokee (LHD, 1999-2002)
2 = Grand Cherokee (LHD, 2003-2004)
8 = Grand Cherokee (RHD, 1999-2004)
6 Series 1999
5 = Laredo
6 = Limited
2000-2004
3 = Sport
4= Laredo
5 = Limited
6 = Overland
WG Family (With Euro Group)
B = 4spd Auto Transmission
E = 5spd Auto Transmission
Note: All Columbia, Freedom, Rocky Mountain and Special Edition's use the same "Series" number as Laredo.
7 Body Style 8 = 4dr Sport Utility
8 Engine 4 = 3.1 Liter Turbo Diesel (export, 1999-2001)
A = 2.7 Liter Turbo Diesel (export, 2002-2004)
S = 4.0 Liter
N = 4.7 Liter
J = 4.7 Liter High Output
9 Check Digit 0 thru 9 or X
10 Model Year X = 1999
Y = 2000
1 = 2001
2 = 2002
3 = 2003
4 = 2004
11 Assembly Plant C = Jefferson North Assembly Plant (Michigan, USA)
Y = Steyr (Graz, Austria)
12 - 17 Vehicle Serial Number 000000 (6 digits)
Post New Thread  Reply