What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 2640 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-09-2018
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 275 Times in 139 Posts

Added to my debts somewhat... decided to rebuild my motor right and ordered all required parts.

Not going to give much away here yet, but I’m super excited for the desired outcomes. Think it’s going to stay in my ownership for a long time to come haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20-09-2018

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksidecustoms View Post
Added to my debts somewhat... decided to rebuild my motor right and ordered all required parts.

Not going to give much away here yet, but I’m super excited for the desired outcomes. Think it’s going to stay in my ownership for a long time to come haha.

So much yes!! Haha

Old 30-09-2018
MudSplasher

Huge day ahead tomorrow, starting with wrapping up the port polish / gasket matching and dropping the crank [emoji6]

Old 11-10-2018
MudSplasher

So I’m a bit behind and missed my opportunity for pink slip, so blue slip is on the cards now.

Current update is sliding the trans back on longer bolts without dropping the whole thing is an absolute b*tch on your own but it’s done now... and stock crank ready to drop.

Mild port polish and ground out throttle body also done, valve lapping next now that I’ve got new valve guides.

Electric water pump hard mounted under the radiator and plan to run two stock lower radiator hoses each trimmed back to/from the pump. Wiring also run but dash needs modifying to fit and some wiring extended in the engine bay.

Old 17-10-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

I continue to use it as a daily drive (in daylight) despite the following:

-sticky drum brakes (it has been raining a lot!)
Workaround - when parked at level in garage, I leave the handbrake disengaged. No more sticky....

-I try not to drive it at night as the headlamp switch only illuminates parking lights and not regular low beams... auto electrician to fix, .... when I next go to the big smoke....

-Slight leak in rear Dana 35 Diff Housing

-Oil spotting from Engine oil filter o-ring - will look at it next service in a few weeks, along with completion of tranny and diff service.

Other than that, she does not miss a beat at 23 years since assembly.
Old 08-11-2018
Rock Munki

Liked 351 Times in 223 Posts

Pulled out the dizzy to have a go at quieting down the "chirping" that was coming from it. marked it all up. Pulled it lubed it and back in. hit the key and she fires right up. no worries. go do something else.
jump in to go for a drive starts right up, get out the driveway and no power and pinging like fvk.
turns out was one tooth advanced.
also noticed after i moved it back a tooth that the exhaust note at idle was different.
chirping has stopped for now.
'95 sport,4.6 stroker, 4.5" lift, 32"s, 4:10's, 8.25&SYE, taurus fan
Old 08-11-2018
Full Flexer

Liked 187 Times in 119 Posts

Stopped the leaks (oil filter o-ring adapter, rear d35 leak [t'was the plug!], fixed my headlamp switch, and now ready for the next adventure.

... in all weather, all terrain, 24 x 7.

Last edited by eksjay; 08-11-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply