diesel or petrol - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-10-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 134 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernComfort View Post
Just what I was thinking!
Only a Chevy guy could think an Lt is any sort of an answer to the hellcat engine.

This is just a marketing stunt by gm because the 6.2hemi if you buy it as a create engine can be considered a 1000hp engine but they've been around for many years now. Gm has quite a bit of ground to catch up.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk
Old 23-10-2021
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Jeepsgofaster,. Ten thousand OE lifters on backorder in the states a couple of years ago.! Enough info / theories to fill a book on why these lifters fail.Even aftermarket lifters failing in US.It does look like lubrication / oil failure however

why arent all hemis failing.? I had a mate with a 3 year old Ram 1500 ,under 60000 lifters went.Jeep put in a new crate engine still had problems,not lifters,

bought a new diesel Ram. I know of another two failures in the last two weeks in 6.4 JGC one at a Jeep dealer ,other at an independant operation here Nthn NSW.

Now three failures in Chrysler 300 SRT Highway patrol cars up this way ,all at various klms,plus other problems. There has been aclass action instigated re these hemi lifter failures in US,will be interesting what the outcome is ,if any!
And how many dpf's do Toyota have on order. The dealer I spoke to from a coastal town the other month said they have 14 wagons alone booked in not including hiluxes
Ect

Old 23-10-2021
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

what anoyes me no end is that even with average service a motor vehicle engine and trans should last 10+ years and 200,000 k,s

gee,s my old HQ GTS i never checked or changed the diff oil, or brake fluid i serviced the engine checked the auto trans fluid and drove it like i stole it

did that for 12 solid years.

my XJ cherokee is now almost at 450,000km always regularly serviced (by me)

and 27 years and still with piston slap and all still runs well.

WK2 3.6 ive stopped worrying seems to run well especially after a quick trip to brisbane and back (nudge nudge)

we tend to whinge about new cars but i remember my dad always had his head under the bonnet of 60,s holdens fixing something.

today we just get in and go, many folks don't even know how to open the bonnet let alone what to check ( of course not saying anyone here is like that just generalising)

Last edited by emac; 23-10-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old 23-10-2021
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsgofaster View Post
Only a Chevy guy could think an Lt is any sort of an answer to the hellcat engine.

This is just a marketing stunt by gm because the 6.2hemi if you buy it as a create engine can be considered a 1000hp engine but they've been around for many years now. Gm has quite a bit of ground to catch up.

Sorry if it hit a nerve, was meant tongue in cheek. I for one have never been a GM guy, let alone Chevy specifically! I wouldn't know how their V8's compare and it really doesn't interest me. Seems to stir some emotions though...
Old 23-10-2021
Established Member

Actually I was incorrect, it's not an LT from a Corvette. This is their new big block crate engine NA. Packing quite a bit of development too. I'll let gm have that one, that's quite an engine. This is more of an answer to Ford's big block, also a nice engine but this thing has it's number.
In std form at least

Old 23-10-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,996 Times in 2,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emac View Post
what anoyes me no end is that even with average service a motor vehicle engine and trans should last 10+ years and 200,000 k,s

gee,s my old HQ GTS i never checked or changed the diff oil, or brake fluid i serviced the engine checked the auto trans fluid and drove it like i stole it

did that for 12 solid years.

my XJ cherokee is now almost at 450,000km always regularly serviced (by me)

and 27 years and still with piston slap and all still runs well.

WK2 3.6 ive stopped worrying seems to run well especially after a quick trip to brisbane and back (nudge nudge)

we tend to whinge about new cars but i remember my dad always had his head under the bonnet of 60,s holdens fixing something.

today we just get in and go, many folks don't even know how to open the bonnet let alone what to check ( of course not saying anyone here is like that just generalising)
I'm the same but I remember spending lots of time under the bonnet of my old wagons and bikes and now find I spend less time sorting things out, DiY everything and don't follow the advised service schedules as I think they are rubbish even as far as upgrading the oil grade, they are trying for the most stars on a sticker, my Jeeps so far have managed near 300K no dramas and I expect this rig to be the same.... Your right about folks not knowing, many seem to find steering the things a problem let alone how it works.....

My favourite GM is an 8V92 2 stroke, go like the clappers, great sound and no BS, drop a valve you can still run down the road, bit of smoke but thats cool, so long as the sump doesn't ignite....... I wonder of it would fit in a Chevvy 2500.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 23-10-2021
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

The issue is with the modern day intake of bulkshit and sharing of needless crap on social media, bad news spreads extremely fast to the point where it makes it blown way out of proportion.
Add to that the stupidity of the average consumer,............