HPFP Recall in the US - Page 12 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 848 Times in 475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith555 View Post
Thanks for the info guys I am down to go get a fuel doctor bottle soon and give it a try. Atleast it will prolong the life of the internals and things will run smoother. Can’t deny the benefits and learnt a lot watching that video especially saying not to fill up when a tanker is filling the station tank or has been recently..

I think I am going to use the emergency fuel filler funnel found in the spare wheel area to add the fuel doctor in if the bottle doesn’t make it easy.

When it comes to servicing I am a guy who has always done what the log books said at those internals..only did the filter last service as it was on the service manual for the particular interval and wasn’t going to do if not mentioned on the next one..but will do it on all services now..that’s the engine oil filter and fuel filters. Can see the importance on diesels now. Mine is at 92K now and probably has had the least amount of fuel filter changes in its lifetime :/ y7

Also I service once a year and most of the time the car has done around 10-15K by then yikes..as again I am following the service book that says it’s okay to do them at 20K or 1 year intervals..I can see you guys face palming your faces reading this

Pretty sure FCA Australia changed the oil change max ks to 10000 ks in the owners manual.!
Just remember that there now near weekly failures of these VM diesels noted on
Grand Cherokee forums,here and in the US! Do not use 5w30 ,5w40 min.
Many of us now using 10w40 such as Penrites Enviro meets CJ4 specs.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 119 Times in 84 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
Pretty sure FCA Australia changed the oil change max ks to 10000 ks in the owners manual.!
Just remember that there now near weekly failures of these VM diesels noted on
Grand Cherokee forums,here and in the US! Do not use 5w30 ,5w40 min.
Many of us now using 10w40 such as Penrites Enviro meets CJ4 specs.
Mine is a 2018 and my book still says 12 months or 20,000kms. And the interval service checks are all 20K to each other.

This might be info they updated on the 2019 onwards models which have ADBLUE. I avoided that model. Or a service bulletin that includes the 10K interval info..The petrol engines were at 12K intervals on 2018 book.

Just going to check if the last service centre used 5W30 or 5W40. But yeah the service places get me to come in around 15K so hasn’t crossed that so far but need to keep an eye on this info. 10K sounds like petrol cars - our Peugeot 3008 which has a petrol1.6L turbo has 20K internals lol
Old 3 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

My book does mention to use 5W40 grade of oil. So I’m sure that’s what went in on the last service.

My service intervals on owner’s manual

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

Pretty pictures...now roll up the pages and use them to swat flies....thats all they're good for.
10k max on Oil, Oil and Fuel Filters....some Members service even more often...depending on vehicle use, conditions, time frames.
If you want to kill a diesel engine....ANY Diesel engine....use extended service cycles....Diesel Engines require MORE Servicing than Petrol Engines....not less.
Any vehicle fitted with a DPF is injected with excess fuel into the combustion chamber to raise the temperature to 'burn off' the built up gunk in the DPF......not ALL fuel is burnt...'some' bypasses the combustion chamber and enters the sump.....sooooo......your engine oil is being diluted by diesel EVERY time a 'burn' is done....can you see why short service cycles are a must ????.....the Service Schedule in your Owners Handbook was 'manufactured' to 'sell the product'...'cheap running costs'.....if you intend to buy new and upgrade every year or so then it wont matter....to you....but the longevity of the engine life, diff life, transmission life, transfer case life, cooling system life is greatly compromised.
Every moving piece of machinery requires lubrication....if the lubrication is insufficient or inefficient then that piece of moving machinery will break....end of.

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 3 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARWEST View Post
Pretty pictures...now roll up the pages and use them to swat flies....thats all they're good for.
10k max on Oil, Oil and Fuel Filters....some Members service even more often...depending on vehicle use, conditions, time frames..
I only put up the pics of the pages from my manual just to point out Jeep hadn’t updated my 2018 manual to say do oil changes at any less than 20K despite being mentioned by BJM that Jeep has updated their books.. Just wanted to point out possibly it’s on the 2019+ model’s books. Atleast they updated the oil grade to 5W40 on my book. Will consider the 10W40 grade on my next service.

Will definitely keep in mind to do more oil changes in shorter intervals now and won’t stretch it. I know what you mean when you say manufacturers deliberately put longer service intervals to show reduced running costs to customers..
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith555 View Post
I only put up the pics of the pages from my manual just to point out Jeep hadn’t updated my 2018 manual to say do oil changes at any less than 20K despite being mentioned by BJM that Jeep has updated their books.. Just wanted to point out possibly it’s on the 2019+ model’s books. Atleast they updated the oil grade to 5W40 on my book. Will consider the 10W40 grade on my next service.

Will definitely keep in mind to do more oil changes in shorter intervals now and won’t stretch it. I know what you mean when you say manufacturers deliberately put longer service intervals to show reduced running costs to customers..
I am pretty sure the owners manual in my 2012 GCD states max 10000k oil changes.So looks like Jeep then later went 20000 ks.There is a lot conflicting
Info on sites re this,suffice to say some owners have been told by Jeep,dealers in Aust 10000k is the number! No way would I change my oil at 20000 ks,! I would also be fitting a Provent 200 blowby filter kit if you havnt done so.Stops blowby recirculating into the engine and turning to sticky oily gunk

Last edited by bjm; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:00 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Lowranger Shocker

[QUOTE=vijith555;1696113]I only put up the pics of the pages from my manual just to point out Jeep hadn’t updated my 2018 manual to say do oil changes at any less than 20K despite being mentioned by BJM that Jeep has updated their books.. Just wanted to point out possibly it’s on the 2019+ model’s books. Atleast they updated the oil grade to 5W40 on my book. Will consider the 10W40 grade on my next service.

Pretty sure my 2012 owners manual states 10000 k.! There has been a lot of
conjecture re these k differnces,suffice to say apparently Jeep Aust has told their dealers 10000 ks max .Go figure!
Post New Thread  Reply