MJOC and Night Drives - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Australian Club Scene > Melbourne Jeep Owners Club
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-02-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default MJOC and Night Drives

As a newbie to MJOC I was wandering what I need to do to set up Matilda for the night drives we do?
Already have a small lift and 31 tyres.
The guys/girls seem to love them, I would say do one and find out????
Old 28-02-2007
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

you probably dont NEED anything but more lights (can you have too many lights) might come in handy if you want to come on the more dificult trips winch, lockers ,more lift ,bigger tyres ,etc .

just start out on the C grade trips untill you get the idea of what standard of tracks your happy to tackle as it is and what you'd like to do then look at more capable vehicles talk to their owners do plenty of reserch before you spend your money as most of us wish we'd done it a little differently with the benafit of hindsight
Old 28-02-2007
Jeepin' is incurable....

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 69 Times in 55 Posts

Lushy in most cases the only difference betrween a day drive and night drive is that the rocks are bigger in the dark, the hills steeper, the crests sharper and the potholes are deeper. We usually cover the same tracks anyway, we don't have "night drive only" tracks as it's the optical illusions that makes a night drive different. Good lights are the go but apatr from that the car doesn't need to be different.
Old 28-02-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

and black possums turn into pumas as well.
Old 01-03-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I heard re the possums lol.
Thanks for that gives me more excuses to put some roof lights on.
Gee your good Cinders.

Last edited by Lushy; 01-03-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply