QLD NITE RUN 19th April , Med with Hard and Ext Options - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Events and Competitions
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 18-04-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default QLD NITE RUN 19th April , Med with Hard and Ext Options

Hey all,

I have been setting a new nite run over the past few weeks. The date is booked in for the 19th of April. The run is Med , with hard and extreme options. Something for everyone , from tough vehicles to spectators.

There are 3 Hard/Extreme diversions that can be taken off the main Med run that all loop back onto the run at a later point. Then there are also 5 Stages with Med , Hard and Extreme options ranging from rock steps to short hill climbs and a new creek/gully climb. The last stage is the main creek in the main valley , but run in a different direction.

All up there are 4 new tracks , 2 brand new stages , several tracks not yet used on a nite run and the existing creek run in reverse. It will be signed (marked) as well as a stick map and the reccee took about 3 - 4 hours , so expect to be still playing around midnight , unless your just coming for a look.

The start time is 6:30 pm precicely.

Hopefully food and drinks will be available from 5pm.

The meet point is at the round-a-bout cnr Sandy Ck Rd and Swan Gully Rd (UBD ref 331 D12).

Cost is $10 per vehicle (any no of people) and that includes camping til the next morning. If you wheel in the park the day before or on the day after , then the run is inclusive of your Day fee , so its FREE.

Anyone can attend , provided that the vehicle is registered.

All else will be explained at drivers briefing at 6pm on the nite.

If there are any questions please call on 0424568886.

Pete

PS it should be mentioned that standard recovery gear and RATED recovery points are nessecary and for those doing the Hard/Extreme options , and stages then its SELF RECOVERY. A hand winch or a car mount winch will be an advantage. Make sure your Mechanical components are in good working order as you dont want to be stopped by something as silly as a steering arm or a CV. All efforts will be made to help people who are stuck or broken , but no responsability is taken by the organiser.

Please feel free to cut and paste this notice to your favorite Forum.
Old 18-04-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok people , just got home from setting the run and putting up the signs.

It hasnt been raining here so should be a dry event.

THIS IS TOMORROW NIGHT , dont forget.

Arrive after 5pm , will probably start first car at 6:30.

I wont be on here tomorrow so any late questions , 0424568886
Old 18-04-2008
..mi vida loca..

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

keen to turn up though need at least a week to get organised..
glad qld'er is organising trips!!
see you next time..
..jimbo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
simsy i have been busy at work, you should try it some day
Old 18-04-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Pete, Only gound this site today, and curious. Have you set up local 4wd park? or is this just a once off organised drive?
Old 20-04-2008
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey what an awesome nite , wasnt in bed before 3am. Had 11 cars at the start , my Troal , a Zook , Tojo 45 , Keiths GU ute , a couple of (lux)
stockers , Adams 80 , a 2 tone GQ , white GU , a 60 toy and Steve's new hybrid 60/Hilux comp rig.

We transported into the park along the north ridge on a new track , Keith and the stockers went straight to stage 4 as we made for stage 1 , the rock steps. Steve in the BEGA RD 4wd WRECKERS comp rig headed straight for the extreme stuff , and hammered it. Was awesome to watch.

Unfortunately a deflated beadlock saw a tyre off the rim. This was quickly fixed as the rest of us played on the Med and hard climbs in the circuit. It was found that the Comp Beast had also done a CV in its bucking bronco effort. We continued to play until they had it out and a new one in. Less than 30mins , great effort guys.

So off we went in search of stage two. I lead the Zook up track 3 in reverse as the rest took a diversion up track 24 Victoria Pass. That was challenging for a couple of them and a cake walk for the rest.

Regrouped we meandered up the hill to Cityview lookout where we caught up with Adam in the 80. Just down the road we stopped for stage 2. This is a new track , freshly cut , up and extreme gully accross the side slope and then down an adjacent creek/gully. It starts and finishes with a nasty side angle entry. Steve lined up the brightly coloured beast and put the right foot down. Away it went , up around and over everything. Since I believe that it was only the second time for him in the car from when it was built , the smile on Steve's face said it all. He was coming to terms with this new ride. It was awesone to watch as it grappled over the rocks , between the trees and up the hill. It growled as he reversed to get a better line coming down between the trees in the gully. It handled the entry/exit side slope extremely well. Impressive. New track conquered. 'Correll's Playground' The BEGA RD 4wd WRECKERS TEST TRACK.

So after a naming cerimony we moved on. The next extreme diversion saw Adam tackle it on his own. The rest of us went up a newly cut med track to camp 15. Adam had some dramas and had to winch. The white GU bent a Shock or something in that region and had to return to base camp along with the two tone GQ. The Tojo had done a solaniod on the starter and was having headlight switch dramas so he left with them.

So then there were 5. We progressed thru the gates at the back of the park and turned left straight down Lex's Fence-line. We crossed the creek and drove up Catapillar Climb , parts I II and III , straight back up the side of the Mountain. It was fun in the unlocked Troal. When Adam in the twin locked 80 couldnt get up , questions were asked , and the problem was found. All the studs on the front right hub sheered. After winching and a tow recovery by the awesome BEGA RD 4wd Wreckers truck we regrouped. The Zook had followed the med run to meet wit us.

So now there were 4. Adam stayed on level ground as we played Snakes & Ladders around the tracks to Stage 3. This was the Waterfall Track rock creek run. I took the Troal up the Hard line , love the auto on rocks. Steve brought the red rig up the extreme line to our right. That truck sounds mean. Steves son was in the white 60 rig behide. He did so well for only his second drive.

We met Adam at the top and continued down the lower part of track 2 in reverse where we met with the Zook and trundled along. We splashed thru the water at the Spring and up the little climb just before Track 4 thats closed ATM (Jeepers Decent). Just after that on the RHS is SS4 Bignal's Gully , a track cut by Keith a few months ago and not yet used. Only Steve had a go and made a meal of it. It was a cake walk for the comp truck. The big hole at the entry between the trees is interesting , but the rest was easy. I think he was a little dissapointed after the last two stages. lol.

So the nite was done and we transported down the hill and headed for home.

Thanks so much to those who did attend , Adam (cookiemonsta) , IthinkIcan (Zook) , The boys in the Patrols. The guys in the stockers. Keith and crew in the GU ute. Matt and friends in the Tojo 45. An a big thanks to Steve Correll and his son in the white 60 and the BEGA RD 4wd Wreckers Hilux/60 comp beast. I really must get away and go to one of those winch events. Nothing like the growl of a V8.

I trust a good night was had by all. Cheers and thanks.

Pete
Post New Thread  Closed Thread