Warranty Claim Help - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Warranty Claim Help

So my JK went in to have the clutch looked at almost 4 weeks ago now and Im still waiting to find out if its going to be fixed under warranty or not.

As there are no dealers up here in Karratha its a sub-let to Chryslers recognised mechanic up here so I could understand it taking a BIT longer than a normal claim.

I've called the mechanic here numerous times and been promised that the claim has been sent and they are just waiting for a reply.

Is there any other way I can check on the status of my claim? Anyone know who the head of warranty claims is over here in WA?

Any longer and Ill just buy the parts myself and get them put in!!
Old 01-07-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mate there is no chrysler representative her in w.a. only hope you have is to ring the dealer you bought it from and see what can be done. you could ring chrysler head office but it would only be referred back to the dealer. the clutch has a 12 month 20k warranty so if you are inside that you are fine. but there could well be a wait of about a month for the clutch parts as they come on the slow boat from singapore, unless your dealer happens to have one in stock. for what it's worth, if it just a clutch kit and not a flywheel the diesel clutch kit and throwout bearing is a total of about 500 bucks. so not too expensive if you go it alone. labour on top of that. a petrol clutch kit would be cheaper probably. will give you some idea of how to proceed i hope..
Old 02-07-2009
Pollie Waffle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dont assume that you are fine - I did my clutch at 18,000 km and had to pay for mine....
Old 02-07-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah Im coming to the conclusion that I will probably be paying for it.

The question is do I shell out a bit more for the centerforce clutch or is the Version C Jeep clutch going to cut it now?
Old 02-07-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this is purely your choice mate, but if you already have the clutch out, and there is a better quality aftermarket clutch available, i would spend the few extra dollars and fit the aftermarket kit. do it onece and get it over with. there have been enough issues with the clutch to make it worth spending the extra, particularly if you do a fair bit of offroad work. the throw out bearing or thrust bearing, whichever you like to call it has been an issue as well so probably worth getting the aftermarket kit and having peace of mind . IMHO.
Old 02-07-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

it's a bit like buying shockies, if your facory shocks go do you replace with factory shocks or spend a few extra dollars and put in decent quality stuff. all vehicles are built to a price so if something breaks and there is a stronger aftermarket replacement why not use it.
Post New Thread  Reply