GPS and Map Updates - Page 10 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-02-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsarg View Post
save yourself the effort and just use google maps on your phone
Hi timsarg, try 'here we go'app, doesn't use data(works on inbuilt gps) and is really good. Just download maps for the State you want, select use offline in the settings and away you go.
Old 26-02-2020
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Google maps give that option too, I've used it for all sorts of travels. Latest was North island of New Zealand, worked a treat with all the chaotic highways and offramps in Auckland

Sent from my SM-G973F using Aussie Jeep Offroad mobile app
Old 26-02-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nihonjin98 View Post
I also would like to be running a slightly less buggy version of uconnect by updating the firmware not just for maps. But thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

the uconnect updates have really done stuff all over the years
Old 26-02-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08crd View Post
Hi timsarg, try 'here we go'app, doesn't use data(works on inbuilt gps) and is really good. Just download maps for the State you want, select use offline in the settings and away you go.

google maps has had that feature for years .
Old 26-02-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsarg View Post
google maps has had that feature for years .
Yes I know, but if say you are travelling in the U.K or France, when I tried to use googlemaps offline, you could only download sections.
With here we go, you can download the whole country and use it offline.
Google may have changed I'm talking about 1.5 years ago.
Old 06-03-2020
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm not sure where to post this but it was this thread that inspired me so I'll ask here.

I've got all the map updates working great so I decided to install performances pages and also the off road pages.

Performances pages work great but when I load the off road pages it wants to connect to uconnect live and says because I dont have an account it won't load. What am I doing wrong do these pages require some kind of subscription service?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2020
CrawlerStar

Liked 265 Times in 145 Posts

Great work installing the current maps, SRT pages and the off road pages. If your xlet package wants to point to the sprint GSM then try this set within the package.

https://mega.nz/#F!j24VgQyT!XECKWH1t3E5Hs3YijbqViA Trusted or grab your own and play. only one or two xlets from memory.

Sorry, just uploaded the section I grabbed and no need to unload the old as a second entry comes up to test. This is where I stopped as I liked the off road as a must have with the SRT gauges. The issue with the ones that work, grab any of them out of iso's from 16 to early 17 and if they work, my actual general settings app (the main one disappears). Can't hurt the unit, however I got stuck as we are after all pushing in the wrangler apps. I can live with off road and no settings or vice versa.

I'd appreciate the know how if you resolve that one or is it another KIM xlet as they are for different apps. Also, did you do the dab letter to online and buy the antenna. If nothing else this is the best mod I ever did as so simple to do and sound is great. Finally, I am on 14.25.5 as have the Dlink DubE100 Revision B (must be this one) to just laptop in, however should just move to 16.33 and then activate wifi and log in that way. Got lazy on this for now. Hope this helps and you might get lucky with the xlets. the KIM sets go from 1 up to high twenties so look for the string, and then try a set or two then you will be up and running. I need to go back to this as perhaps an earler xlet on a iso is the fix as a mate did this without issue on the wk2. Also I did mod my 14.25.5 iso with root password so just load as normal and Dlink in vs USB method. your welcome to that if you ever get a dlink adaptor for play time although a 2 min job with an editor. You are however at the end of what we are all modding save wifi and off road. When the 2020 maps arrive will have a play again on off road app install

Last edited by Mousie; 06-03-2020 at 06:42 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply