Appcar FCA or OBD Jscan Scan app - Page 10 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-06-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 685 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith555 View Post
Yeah I did turn it off in settings sometime ago due to it being so low in angle but recently just turned it back on and now I can see the driver's side mirror only tilts very little compared to the passenger's side (which is perfect) but I am dead sure in the past both of them tilted all the way down. Somehow I managed to change the angle on one of them. This is what sparked me to ask you guys what your thoughts are on chances of adjusting the angle if you ever had any luck.

Seems to be something dealers could do apparently from what I read elsewhere but good luck asking a dealer here I guess. Both cars I've had in the past had this and my other car has this feature now and it tilts to a perfect usable angle. Not sure why Jeep just went mental with this angle, it doesn't need to be this low lol

But the good thing is the Grand Cherokee has a nice big side mirror which gets good coverage so I have adjusted it in a way where you can see enough of the ground and back to help. Most cars don't have big enough side mirrors. Adjust the angle and leave the option off works best for now.
If the drivers side isn't going as far as you expect, you've either already nearly maxed out the adjustment in that direction with your regular mirror position, or it's faulty in some capacity. Try moving the mirror all the way up, all the way down, all the way left, and all the way right - sometimes this can help the compute relearn the possible parameters

Old 28-06-2023
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 115 Times in 80 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCheese View Post
If the drivers side isn't going as far as you expect, you've either already nearly maxed out the adjustment in that direction with your regular mirror position, or it's faulty in some capacity. Try moving the mirror all the way up, all the way down, all the way left, and all the way right - sometimes this can help the compute relearn the possible parameters
I wouldn't want to adjust the driver's side because it tilts to the perfect angle now. The mirror itself can tilt to all positions so nothing is broken. I think this is probably how it is meant to be perhaps. The driver's side tilts less than passenger's (kerb view). I just want to try and match the passenger's side to be same and its perfect, like in other cars with tilt on reverse.

Can't be to fussed about this most likely will turn it off..It has been one of the biggest downsides to this generation when they put it in this feature with the most unusable tilt angle possible plus no possibility for customer to adjust. But the instructions manual say you can adjust the tilt and it will save along with memory seats profile. Which makes people believe they could try make this work.
Old 28-06-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCheese View Post
Mirror tilt in reverse is able to be enabled/disabled through the UConnect settings. I think it's under the Mirrors and Wipers menu.

I turned mine off as it tilted them too low - good for seeing curbs, but not for seeing behind you. I guess that makes sense if working in combo with the rearview mirror and reversing camera, but not so good if you've got a trailer on.

Thanks Le Cheese...knew I must have manually turned it off....just dont remember doing it....if it had faiked Im sure the myriad of modules would have told me the end was near....something like that

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 30-06-2023
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

I was going through the adaptations in Jscan and noticed the VTA alarm system is set to 'ITM' on my car and not 'VTA'. I am sure once there was a moth flying inside the locked car one night and it triggered the horn alarm so I know the security system should be working plus I can see the red light blinking on instrument cluster when all doors are closed and locked. But thought I ask if I should be setting this to VTM?

Also in my search for finding out a way if this car would make any sort of noise or notificaiton if you leave a door open and press lock either on fob/door handle. Why I am after this is because not only it doesnt warn you, but it does not engage the security alarm system too. So you could lock and walk away thinking it is all good but the car is sitting there with no alarm system working and door left completely open. All cars i have owned in past gave you some sort of audible/visual warning when you try to lock with a door left open but this thing is dead silent and it locks the remaining doors making it look like its locked - but you wont know the opposite side rear door is left open for example and walk away.

Even my two presses to horn chirp (which I enabled using Jscan) does the horn chirp regardless of the doors being closed or not

Are your GCs the same? Or is it just mine? And I am tempted to think it might be because VTA is not the chosen option under vehicle security.

Seriously why are the Australian Jeeps hard coded to be this silent is beyond crazy (I had to bring back the hidden Uconnect setting menu to enable the horn chirps which can be turned off and on by customer either way so dont hide it lol!) I am sure Jeeps in other countries made some noise if you try this. Hoping there is a setting in adaptations that could turn on this warning somehow because it is useful especially with family who leave doors open and in a rush you just don't walk around your car to check each door lol

Last edited by vijith555; 30-06-2023 at 01:56 PM.
Old 30-06-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,969 Times in 2,342 Posts

Again if you get into the habit of pushing the door button the clunk and flash certainly alert me to its locked, if a door isn't closed properly or window partly opened the alarm is active anyway..... You have caused me dig around and pull down all manner of data via Alfa from the ECU, BCM and 8HP tranny, found the part numbers of the Control units as well, also noticed a line about auto lock/alarm but haven't dug into it yet, also saw your horn chirp thingy might return and see if its of use but I think it wouldn't be long till I'm told to kill it.......... a few other interesting things I saw in the BCM data, I know why mine goes really well, there's a configuration listing "Maserati " noted as Normal .............. and my SRT set up is Mozambique, which means nothing to me but might be cool........... protects from spears maybe.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 30-06-2023
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
Again if you get into the habit of pushing the door button the clunk and flash certainly alert me to its locked, if a door isn't closed properly or window partly opened the alarm is active anyway..... You have caused me dig around and pull down all manner of data via Alfa from the ECU, BCM and 8HP tranny, found the part numbers of the Control units as well, also noticed a line about auto lock/alarm but haven't dug into it yet, also saw your horn chirp thingy might return and see if its of use but I think it wouldn't be long till I'm told to kill it.......... a few other interesting things I saw in the BCM data, I know why mine goes really well, there's a configuration listing "Maserati " noted as Normal .............. and my SRT set up is Mozambique, which means nothing to me but might be cool........... protects from spears maybe.
When you say clunk and flash you mean the sound of the door locks and signal lights flashing outside yeah? That works even when a door is left open which is the problem. You could have a door at the back wide open, press the door lock button and you can hear the doors locking (in fact it locks all the 3 doors physically) plus the signal lights flash. But the actual security light (red flashing thing on cluster) won't activate if a door isnt closed. So the car knows the door isn't closed and I believe if the red light doesn't flash on the dashboard, the security system isn't armed. And during daytime brightness trying to stare through the window to check for that red light flashing if you are in a hurry isnt easy. Hence my dilema about finding a way for it to warn us.

I am so sure the car came with a feature to warn doors left open when locking, but the AU market must have disabled it just like how they disabled the horn chirp and also the setting in Uconnect to control the lock chirps on single or double press. I had to enable both adaptations for the thing to work so yeah horn chirp definitely is on now in my case. While you are looking through your info if you could find out if my vehicle security mode being on ITM instead of VTA could be an issue? Also let me know possibly what is yours set to? So I could then compare

Thats some cool findings and looks like I gave you some work by asking this question - Imagine if your ride is performing this good with just the 'Normal' setting for Maserati haha.. that Mozambique setting for SRT for protection against spears is gold hahaha

Last edited by vijith555; 30-06-2023 at 04:25 PM.
Old 30-06-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,969 Times in 2,342 Posts

I'll have a dig around, usually when I'm at a loose end and its too bloody cold outside like 14 deg or something.............................. I do know if you lock the car with a window open and no key in pocket if you put your hand in to unlock the door all hell breaks loose............. I'll see if I can find something on that ITM/VTA stuff, what does it stand for ???

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply