Launch Dates - Does DC have a Clue? - Page 10 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-01-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Phone call not a bad idea

Got this feeling that if I call them they are going to point me back down to the dealer who has less of a clue than me at the moment I would say. But I might try that call tomorrow. Any recommended phone numbers?
Old 30-01-2007
Renegado

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconJK
Got this feeling that if I call them they are going to point me back down to the dealer who has less of a clue than me at the moment I would say. But I might try that call tomorrow. Any recommended phone numbers?
Chrysler Jeep Australia: 0395669266
Old 30-01-2007
Not a very good stuntmam

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts

Have you entertained the thought that DC Australia haven't got the numbers together yet?

I'd be willing to wager that they are having a similar argument with DC in the states about pricing and availability. Various Jeep dealerships have all stated that they dont get pricing until closer to the release date.

I understand that you've paid your cash & want your Jeep (I'm also toying with the idea of getting a 2dr rubi), but putting down a blind deposit doesnt give you any rights to pricing information.
Old 30-01-2007
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This wouldnt be the first time ive preordered a car blind, and let me tell you that most car manufactures know and release a lot more information about a car they are releasing much before a suggested 8 weeks prior to release. Now people are toying with the fact that they dont want to damage TJ sales.....seriously the TJ has been out for YEARS!!!! Now do we all really think prleasing prices and specs of a new car is going to damage the TJ's sales? Others say that DC USA are not feeding DC Aust with any info.....the JK has been out in the USA for a little while now and im sure things have had time to filter down. What im getting at is I have no idea why so close to the release of a car, have we only seen a small press release in the papers CARSGUIDE section, this is just bizzar and someone out there must know something, but who? Last time I spoke to my dealer which was maybe 2 weeks ago he said DC Aust was in the process of sorting out allocations of cars......now if there going to start shipping cars soon, surely prices would be on offer to DC Aust, they wouldnt just take cars without pricing. It just seems like they are very very unorganised. Sorry for blowing off steam but COMMUNICATION IS KEY AND DC HAVE NONE
Old 31-01-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you're being a bit harsh. It's funny in the email age people expect a reply instantly.

I'm sure you're dealer gladly took your deposit but it was your choice to put your money down sight unseen.

This sort of information is often embargoed and I don' blame them if they have stockpiles of TJ's sitting there that they need to shift.

Holden did it with new VE.

As you say this vehicle has been out for yonks, what info are you after. Surely it will only be in the details like trim colour etc.
We all know that the Rubicon has D44 and XYZ.

Can I ask why would you slap down your hard earned sight unseen?

I would never do it, what if its crap.
Old 31-01-2007

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjhemi
I think you're being a bit harsh. It's funny in the email age people expect a reply instantly.

I'm sure you're dealer gladly took your deposit but it was your choice to put your money down sight unseen.

This sort of information is often embargoed and I don' blame them if they have stockpiles of TJ's sitting there that they need to shift.

Holden did it with new VE.

As you say this vehicle has been out for yonks, what info are you after. Surely it will only be in the details like trim colour etc.
We all know that the Rubicon has D44 and XYZ.

Can I ask why would you slap down your hard earned sight unseen?

I would never do it, what if its crap.
You know in the US it is common practise for dealers to add a convienance charge for the 1st one or two shipments because some people just have to have it before others personally I am with you but thats my choice others like to be first.

The only 1st generation car I ever bought and it was about 6 months after release has given me enough headaches not to do it again It was not a Jeep btw and given that it has been on sale in the US for a while there is some field based QC already done that I dint have the advantge with mine being Australian made
Old 31-01-2007
Renegado

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Had a call from Jeep Melbourne today, they told me that my Jeep wont be arriving until around May / June. I'm quite dissapointed, and don't know if I can wait that long! Also its gonna cost around $45,000 inc onroads (2dr Rubi) ...Anyone else get the call?
Post New Thread  Reply