What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1020 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-01-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 103 Times in 62 Posts

Installed some Teraflex ball joints over the weekend. Tough work but worth it to get rid of my DWs. Turned out both lower BJs were stuffed. First noticed around 16K mark. Replaced at 20K.

Couple of rookie mistakes while doing them. First was loosening a hub nut before realising I didn't have too (even bought a socket for it). And second was breaking a couple of tools including a torque wrench on the first lower BJ then going to Supercheap to buy a breaker bar only to figure out on the way home I had the clamp in the install position and not the removal position

In my case, one of the hardest parts of the process (besides having the clamp in the right/wrong postion) was removing one of the knuckles. Had to borrow a persuader (BFH) from a neighbour to assist the process. Turned out the knuckle was seized to the BJ shaft.

Took all Sat afternoon to do the drivers side including racing off to get more tools before the store closed. Was too stuffed to finish the passenger side when I was unable to get it's knuckle off so reassembled it an left it for the morning. Once I had the BFH it only took 3hrs Sunday morning to finish it all off.

After all that no photos, so I guess it never happened.
Old 21-01-2014
AJOR Bronze

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruju View Post
Installed some Teraflex ball joints over the weekend. Tough work but worth it to get rid of my DWs. Turned out both lower BJs were stuffed. First noticed around 16K mark. Replaced at 20K.

Couple of rookie mistakes while doing them. First was loosening a hub nut before realising I didn't have too (even bought a socket for it). And second was breaking a couple of tools including a torque wrench on the first lower BJ then going to Supercheap to buy a breaker bar only to figure out on the way home I had the clamp in the install position and not the removal position

In my case, one of the hardest parts of the process (besides having the clamp in the right/wrong postion) was removing one of the knuckles. Had to borrow a persuader (BFH) from a neighbour to assist the process. Turned out the knuckle was seized to the BJ shaft.

Took all Sat afternoon to do the drivers side including racing off to get more tools before the store closed. Was too stuffed to finish the passenger side when I was unable to get it's knuckle off so reassembled it an left it for the morning. Once I had the BFH it only took 3hrs Sunday morning to finish it all off.

After all that no photos, so I guess it never happened.

Photo's or no photo's, I know your an honest bloke. Im sure it happened mate.

We will just talk about you behind your back.... *mumble mumble.. full of shit.. mumble mumble..... Bet Stu did it... mumble mumble*
Old 21-01-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Fruju, what size tyres are you running? BJ stuffed after 20k, ouch....
Old 21-01-2014
Established Member

Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts

Last week I fitted the Rugged Ridge Hood Lock!

My new Rugged Ridge Grab Handles and Daystar hood latches arrived today!
Going to fit them tomorrow!

New whiter, brighter bulbs will arrive today!
Old 21-01-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 103 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusJatzman View Post
Photo's or no photo's, I know your an honest bloke. Im sure it happened mate.

We will just talk about you behind your back.... *mumble mumble.. full of shit.. mumble mumble..... Bet Stu did it... mumble mumble*
Haha, Yeah thanks Greg.
I did speak to Stu about them, but it is a couple of hours drive to his shop. I figured that if I have done all my own work to date why not these too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAELBLUE1 View Post
Fruju, what size tyres are you running? BJ stuffed after 20k, ouch....
2.5" lift with 33s. I do try and take it offroad a couple of times a month.
Parts of Kennedy Dr, Tweed Heads, which is part of my daily drive, is like a goat track and definitely gives the suspension a workout.
Old 21-01-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts
Default Re: What have you done to your JK this week?

Grabbed some Ram Mounts yesterday from Johnny Appleseed and mounted my Nexus 7 into the Jeep, pleased with the result, my wife can alter it to suit her viewing for finding info on the Hema Explorer and can sort out the mp3 songs, also have the OBDII scanner connected to it to display what the engines up to through Torque Pro (Android) and also have it connected to the internet via my HTC phone, running it through Bluetooth too my std jeep head unit it's working a treat.

Part numbers

RAM-B-231Z-2 Alum strap base 1" ball (mounted to the grab handle, I had to replace the supplied hose clip with a smaller one)
RAM-B-201-C Long double clamp B size
RAM-HOL-TAB18U Tab lite Nexus 7 (Holds a Nexus 7 with a cover)
RAM-B-238 1" Ball diamond plate

Total Cost $95

Main mount on my grabhandle, very solid

I picked the slightly longer stalk than normal

In a couple of different positions for the passenger

Down low for the driver

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.

Last edited by Hotdognz; 22-01-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 21-01-2014
Full Flexer

Whats the grab handle mount product code, looks a lot better than my one
Post New Thread  Reply