What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 1041 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 100 Times in 57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
How much lift are you going to put in Rastus to cope with these subtle tyres???
No lift JJ. Its already 1 inch over stock Sport height. 3 over Limited. I think. The rig is going to cop it as is. I can smack the 235 up with heap of clearance with front bar off and not rubbing, rear is no where near the guard. 7 leaf rears some pissy monroe stiff shocks. They are going to get chucked t/m. Pulled the steps of today and it gave me an extra 70mm odd sill clearance.

I got 19 at the front and 19.8 at the rear by centre hub to flare height.

Front is about 29 diameter in old school tyres 235 all around so we will just suck it and see. new bumps in.

And the front sway has been chucked too. Same as the side steps. 70mm out.

Will find out at Scenic next weekend. Damage control is on the clipboard.

JJ I have smacked the hell out of my Xj and it has not died yet. It bloody would not want to after me fixing it.

Temp sits on 80 and goes to 100 but fans on and it's ok.

Rock crawling it has put the boys to shame.

No swaybars. Now getting the Simex on it it should shut down the Nissan Jeep argument forever.

I'll find where it belts until I get my Rubicon 3.5 lift from Wooders.

Front LOKKA has been put in.

The Centipedes are going on t/m too. 3 Hungy for the lot. Ya gotta love the old barter jobs.

Scraps and whacks. It will be sorted.

Got to keep my mate Jerry in his GQ with 39 Simexs in track.

Uncle Rastus.
Jeeps don't get stuck. They just have a little rest and think then get going again.

Last edited by rastus2571; 11-02-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-02-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got my air-cond regassed...yeehar,chillin' now.
Old 11-02-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,584 Times in 4,359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
You could always use longer control arms....
Yes you are correct but what I have done today has cost me only time.
If the bushes in the arms were flogged then new arms would have been the way to go. Till then why not take the cheap option?
Old 11-02-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

should just disconnect the sway bar when wheeling rastus
Old 12-02-2012
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

After wheeling over some rocks my steering wheel wasn't sitting straight and the man from Pedders said the trackbar (steering box to left wheel) was bent. I got hold of a s/h one and put the two together and they were identical, no bends, and when I put the new one on the steering wheel was still off. I just lengthened the adjuster the appropriate amount and left it. Beats me.
Old 12-02-2012
WELDING RODS FOR STEERING

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 224 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billnick View Post
After wheeling over some rocks my steering wheel wasn't sitting straight and the man from Pedders said the trackbar (steering box to left wheel) was bent. I got hold of a s/h one and put the two together and they were identical, no bends, and when I put the new one on the steering wheel was still off. I just lengthened the adjuster the appropriate amount and left it. Beats me.
Track bar or drag link? More likely it will be drag link or the tie rod that is bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Changed the transmission mount, that was a mission... nothing wanted to line up... Got it in the end though

Noted that one of the nutserts in the transmission crossmember for the skid plate have come out. Does anyone know what size that is? I presume it's metric, so I'll just buy a metric kit, but would be nice to know....
Post New Thread  Reply